not too shabby

Keyne

Adventurer
It’s seems expensive for what it is. Not a lot of interior storage and ok tankeage. For 110k without the truck I expected more. For that money you could have a custom XP cube, Uro Camper (import required), and many typical truck campers including a side entry Alaskan for a lot less.

mrblah

Observer
It’s seems expensive for what it is. Not a lot of interior storage and ok tankeage. For 110k without the truck I expected more. For that money you could have a custom XP cube, Uro Camper (import required), and many typical truck campers including a side entry Alaskan for a lot less.

You can't compare an Alaskan with an Earthcruiser. the build quality and finish isn't in the same league.

Now if we only could get a 1 ton toyota truck and not a domestic one, I'd be a happy customer.

mrblah

Observer
You could see if EarthCruiser would do a custom build for you and put it in one of these! Oh, wait......:unsure:
Howard

Well... that would be a regular Earthcruiser... ;)

I wish they put their expertise at making a more lightweight option. The current offering focuses on multiple weeks of autonomy. I feel like a quality build with more than a week but less than two in autonomy is missing from their lineup. Basically the GZL but with dedicated rear bed to the camper (not a slide in).

lanceatm

Founder and CEO of EarthCruiser
Well... that would be a regular Earthcruiser... ;)

I wish they put their expertise at making a more lightweight option. The current offering focuses on multiple weeks of autonomy. I feel like a quality build with more than a week but less than two in autonomy is missing from their lineup. Basically the GZL but with dedicated rear bed to the camper (not a slide in).

Stay tuned ......

lucilius

I really like these rigs and the price seems fair enough given the quality of the camper but is there no option for a crew cab with 4x4? IMHO, one limiting factor for EC seems to be the inability to carry more passengers. I asked Thinairathlete (who is selling his/hers on this site) about how to travel with more than 2 people and am waiting for a response. As great as the MOGs are, the Fuso seems like it would be more straightforward to operate and maintain but it's a deal breaker with no crew cab. Unless I'm missing something, Fuso website confirms no 4x4 CC but how difficult could it be to convert? I seem to remember Sprinter was in the same boat in the US a decade ago with no good 4x4 option except a couple of custom shops who wanted a lot of money for prototype systems, then Dodge/MB USA decided to bring the 4x4 to North America and now they are arguably one of the most popular overland van/camper. Hopefully the Fuso becomes available with a CC and 4x4. Until then, the GXV Adventure Truck/Turtle would seem to be the best available for traveling with more than 2 people.

Howard70

Adventurer
Lucilius:

I suspect someone from EarthCruiser will jump in with more information, but in the meantime here's what I learned from some recent chats with Lance:

1. EarthCruiser may be able to add a third seat to the cab (would go between the regular two seats).

2. EarthCruiser may be able to fit seatbelts to the dinette for passengers.

3. Check out this link for some intriguing future (2020) plans! A call to Bend could check on crew cab possibilities?

Howard

Michelle@EarthCruiser

Supporting Sponsor
With our new V8 platform the potential is there for a dual cab. The problem with carrying more people is carrying more stuff etc.,etc. The living space is not going to grow with a dual cab so you still need to determine where people sleep, what people do when the weather is bad and EVERYONE wants to be inside for a day or more, how you work around the extra bodies. We make a very specific purpose built vehicle, designed to get out there further and stay longer.

gregmchugh

Observer
With our new V8 platform the potential is there for a dual cab. The problem with carrying more people is carrying more stuff etc.,etc. The living space is not going to grow with a dual cab so you still need to determine where people sleep, what people do when the weather is bad and EVERYONE wants to be inside for a day or more, how you work around the extra bodies. We make a very specific purpose built vehicle, designed to get out there further and stay longer.

If you have two adults and two children and decided you wanted the dual cab option so they can ride up front, maybe even in a rear facing car seat on the rear seats, is it possible to have the front bench seats in the cabin become a bed for the children. I agree that four adults might be a tight fit but accommodating a family of four with a crew cab might be a good option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles