Not on list but need help with 2005 Rav 4 PVC (ventilation valve)

sisu

Adventurer
We recently bought a 2005 Rav 4 with 15000 miles. I'm slowly going thru the rig changing this and that to make sure it's all up to snuff. The PVC or ventilation valve (threaded BTW) location has me stumped. I've googled it, I've had my big Finn head stuck about anywhere it can fit looking for the bloody thing and have yet been able to find it. Any suggestions? A photo or video would be great.
Thanks
Sisu :Wow1:

keezer37

Explorer
Can't say exactly where but it's most likely going to be screwed into the head and the vacuum hose coming off it should be going to the intake manifold and be about the fattest vacuum hose in the engine compartment.

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
Are you sure it has a valve?

I went to do a tune up on my '99 XJ when I bought it, and found out that it doesn't have an actual PCV valve!

Somewhere in the '90's, Jeep quit using them in the 4.0L. Just a tube from the valve cover to the intake.

sisu

Adventurer
Are you sure it has a valve?

I went to do a tune up on my '99 XJ when I bought it, and found out that it doesn't have an actual PCV valve!

Somewhere in the '90's, Jeep quit using them in the 4.0L. Just a tube from the valve cover to the intake.

It says on the net there is one for years 1999-2006 but then the net doesn't always tell the absolute truth

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles