Not for USA: New Ford Ranger

CParnell

Observer
Reminds me of the VW Amarok which reports are saying is a solid competitor to the Hilux.

I hope they bring that VW to Canada. I want one.

amarokpricedeu-1271745735.jpg

Yellowkayak

Adventurer
Goes to show you what wheels and tires does to the looks of vehicles. Put some nice wheels and tires on that new Ford and it will look great.

JJ

NorthernWoodsman

Adventurer/tinkerer
There is a Hilux that sits a couple of blocks from me. This new Ranger looks almost identical to it. Except for the grille I really like it. With a diesel I could even learn to love it. I prefer (old) Toyota's, but this with a diesel could persuade me to buy American again. Figures we wouldn't get it though....we always get passed over for all the cool stuff. Why can't we get a nice, small 4x4 that is well built and gets great fuel economy?

6a00d83451b3c669e2015391e1c43e970b-800wi
[/QUOTE]

14x4

Observer
Maybe we're being lied to. :D

2012ranger.jpg

2012ranger1.jpg

I snapped these pictures about a month ago on my way home from work. I live 30 minutes outside of Chicago. Maybe I'm wrong but those sure look a lot like the new ranger.

Crazy Al

Probably just call it the Exploder Sport Trac here. That front end looks like the new Ford front end from the Explorers, Edge, and Freestyles. I swear those all look the same in my rear-view.

Just showed the wife, she wants one (replace the 98 Ranger, and use the 98 for wheeling...hrmm...come on Ford!).

Alexp87

I would love to see the new Ranger over here in the US, especially with a diesel. I need something that gets good mileage (i drive 500 + miles a week) I wonder if those trucks are going to the Ford engineers to get checked out? Either way, the Ranger Wildtrac is on my list of trucks to get!

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
A small American market for these. And getting emmisions certification to sell a diesel isn't cheap/easy.

While a underpowered lightweight efficient diesel 4x4 truck is an excellent tool to us, it won't impress the Momo's.

Wouldn't a F150 Eco be a better choice for allmost everyone anyways? Can you get a 6.2L in an F150? That would be a sweet ride.

Scott B.

SE Expedition Society
A small American market for these. And getting emmisions certification to sell a diesel isn't cheap/easy.

While a underpowered lightweight efficient diesel 4x4 truck is an excellent tool to us, it won't impress the Momo's.

Wouldn't a F150 Eco be a better choice for allmost everyone anyways? Can you get a 6.2L in an F150? That would be a sweet ride.

That is what Ford thinks - but not what a lot us think.

I drive a Ranger (or 2) because that is the truck I want. I have no interest or need for an F-150 sized truck. Sure, the bigger engine may be nice, but the bigger truck in unnecessary for me (and detrimental in some cases.)

Plannerman

Wandering Explorer

Not for me. As it is, my 2nd Gen Tacoma barely fits in some places. An F150 would undeniably be too big for such trails.

Patman

Explorer
Its too bad this won't be sold here. The hilux, amorak, and new ranger are all very close in design, although to me the rounder hilux puts the f on ugly. At least in comparison to the Ford and VW.

I'm surprised there isn't really more of a market for them here. With some upgraded comfort options it could be a true all purpose rig, especially with the mileage the diesels are getting. I suppose it all comes down to competing with themselves. VW is the only one who doesn't have a full size that it might suck sales from.

I for one would never consider a full size truck for single vehicle household, but a Ranger or an Amorak is a no brainer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles