Not associated with seller, but looks interesting...1994 Ford Quigley ambulance

Jjackson410

Observer
I could work with the overhang.. its the available interior head room that keeps me from pulling the trigger on an ambo project..

Coachgeo

Explorer
I could work with the overhang.. its the available interior head room that keeps me from pulling the trigger on an ambo project..
rolling chairs..... problem solved. Solved more as one designs interior as if it was to accommodate a wheelchair bound person ... For an ambo with low counters already... then it is just put things on a slide out so your chair can fit under them. Just takes some non-conventional thinking and use. Germans did exactly this in their old 404 radio boxes. Rolling chairs where even mounted on a track.

PGGRS

Observer
Or do this...

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_20180114_163103526.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20180114_163103526.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 160

Jdubucsd

Addicted to Espresso
Most ambulances also have a roll cage welded in the upper part. I guess that safety is a trade off for interior height wind drag etc. and from what I know. Some spots you could never reach if your height is past a certain point. ?

Coachgeo

Explorer
Most ambulances also have a roll cage welded in the upper part. I guess that safety is a trade off for interior height wind drag etc. and from what I know. Some spots you could never reach if your height is past a certain point. ?
welll sorta.. the aluminum box is just strong..... usually 2" square tube framing.... older ones have these centered every 12".... newer every 16 like houses. To keep structural integrity yet add a raised section you just got to use smart engineering.... just like "properly" engineering a new door, window, skylight etc. into a home's wall/roof.

Don't forget about looking to see if you can drop a floor in places. This is why some put the shower in the drop area of the side door. They figure about only place they need to stand is in the shower.

Here is a video of a 6'1" fellow whom did just this in his ambo build

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles