NorthstarTC650-n-Tundra

zidaro

Explorer
Do you get and grief at the border bring the dogs through, or do you just bring a recent vet check document?
No grief whatsoever! So far 4 trips with her and no questions ever. But, we do get a Vet certified form locally in US that verifies her vaccines and health. So far that has been unnecessary.

I will say, traveling with a dog in Baja is great.
First, it is a HUGE deterrent, the culture of Mex. is very cautious of the perro- she keeps Policia and all others from "exploring" the cab of our truck at all times.
Second, and best- kids love her once the "perro no muerde" concerns are defused. Opens up a positive social environment. She's a total happy wiggle butt

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
No grief whatsoever! So far 4 trips with her and no questions ever. But, we do get a Vet certified form locally in US that verifies her vaccines and health. So far that has been unnecessary.

First, it is a HUGE deterrent, the culture of Mex. is very cautious of the perro- she keeps Policia and all others from "exploring" the cab of our truck at all times.
Second, and best- kids love her once the "perro no muerde" concerns are defused. Opens up a positive social environment. She's a total happy wiggle butt
Awesome Thanks!!!!!!!! Adventures are just better with my long tailed companion around to help. I did not take him on my first BAJA trip and wish I had.

Regcabguy

Expedition Leader

I was out at Pt. San Carlos in 1985 and some locals brought their Cocker Spaniel by. Cute dog who learned to avoid cholla cactus the hard way. The one guy clamped down on the mouth and I proceeded to pull out scores of needles. It was a male and he had run over the plant apparently. We got them all out and the poor dog just collapsed. The guys thanked me and headed back to town. You don't see pedigree dogs down there much. I suspect a gringo had brought him down and he wandered.

bobmono

Observer
any further feedback on your solar setup? im looking to do a similar setup in my tc650, im just not sure what size solar system i need...

anything you would do different with your setup?