Northstar Igloo 9.5

skiventure

Hey everyone,

Curious what your opinions are on the Northstar Igloo 9.5. Stopped by a truck camper dealer today in NH to check them out (always seeing options out there other than my Sprinter) and I was impressed:
  • Dual pane plastic tip out windows
  • DC/AC only compressor fridge
  • Cassette toilet
  • No slide (no leaks, less to maintain, etc)
  • Efficient layout
  • The owner of the dealer said they are fantastic in cold weather
Thoughts? Certainly seems like a decent camper for something that is factory built. We would be interested in it for skiing and not for heavy offroad overland type of camping.

Thanks!

Even though this post is in the pop up sub-forum, I assume you’re looking for a hard side camper, as this is one.

I’d look at a Northern Lite 9-6 Q SE instead. They are four season rated (heated tanks). Truck Camper Magazine should have a review of one, if not there is a recent review of the 10-2. Their construction is the same, just size differences. NL weighs their campers when the build is complete, less water, propane and batteries. The 9-6 is typically around 2700 pounds. The selling price of a new NL is about where MSRP is on the Northstar. The glass monocoque shell is pretty bullet proof.

https://www.truckcampermagazine.com...thern-lite-10-2-ex-cd-special-edition-review/

https://www.truckcampermagazine.com...northern-lite-9-6-special-edition-experience/

Last edited:

skiventure

Yea....reading comprehension is hard for me! Sorry I didn't notice that I posted this in the wrong subforum...do'h! Is there any way for me to move this thread?

Anyhow, I like the Northern Lite that it is one piece...only issue I have with it is that it does not use a cassette toilet. I am really trying to limit how often I need to go to standard RV facilities.

Are you sure you want to base a decision on where you can dump?

I am not a fan of any camper that uses standard frame and composite siding, with a rubber (or similar) roof. There are too many seams and opportunities for leaks. Been there, won’t do it again. NL and Bigfoot are the only two hardside campers I would even consider now. Like you, I also rule out slides.

thedavidzoo

Northstar builds excellent campers. Four season, cassette, dual pane windows, solid construction....You'll find more specific owner info on one of the other truck camper forums.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke