Northern Explorer's 2017 F250 Build

New truck = new build thread. After the Photobucket snafu that many of us experienced, I have decided to have all of my media content on YouTube. So if anybody is in the mood for some amateur video (heavy emphasis on amateur) feel free to check them out. I plan on doing more with my YouTube channel then just this truck build but I will only update this thread with Expedition Portal relevant material.

The following video highlights the reasons why I chose this truck.

buellconvert

Just watched your video and I love that truck you've picked! It was too funny watching you try to hit your marks while filming...couldn't resist messin with you about it. Good luck with the build and I look forward to see where it goes.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Grassland

Most of the reasons are exactly why I considered getting an F250 gasser. Weighs less, and is cheaper than a diesel, and if you aren't towing something heavy all the time, works fine.
Id swap shocks, put better skids on, and replace tires, but out of the box it out performs a 5 liter F150, sits higher, has larger tires, fits larger tires without a lift, and you can get steeper gearing so you can just swap tires without a re gear (EDIT, not if you picked 3.73 gears. I'd have gone 4.30). When shopping I parked my F150 next to a truck just like yours (but white) and it still sat a touch higher than my modded truck.
EDIT 2. Driving at 55 mph had a lot to do with your numbers. Even in special Canada where the speed limit is typically 100 kph in the prairies, you can do 61-62 mph with no hassle from law enforcement. I typically drive 70, while towing.

Last edited:
Most of the reasons are exactly why I considered getting an F250 gasser. Weighs less, and is cheaper than a diesel, and if you aren't towing something heavy all the time, works fine.
Id swap shocks, put better skids on, and replace tires, but out of the box it out performs a 5 liter F150, sits higher, has larger tires, fits larger tires without a lift, and you can get steeper gearing so you can just swap tires without a re gear. When shopping I parked my F150 next to a truck just like yours (but white) and it still sat a touch higher than my modded truck.

I will eventually replace the snowplow prep package springs but that's a ways down the road.

Dalko43

Explorer
Nice truck! It's really cool to see how far the F250/350 has come over the last 10 years.

I do like that 6.2l gasoline engine. 55 mph is a bit on the slow side for highway cruising; I'm willing to bet that your highway mpg's are going to average out to a lower number if you start cruising at 60-65mph, or higher.

I'll be interested to see how your mpg's do as you add more modifications...I'm sure it's only going to decrease from your best case scenario, but at least you have plenty of bed space to store extra jerry cans if you need more range.

Looking forward to the updates.

My truck is in winter hibernation right now. So I came up with an indoor video idea.

Truck camper tie downs...for the truck camper that I don't yet have :(

A few minor upgrades.

2 Tire Inflation System: Replacing the useless Viair Hose

Upfitter Switch Controlled Air Compressor Power Supply

F-250 Gatorback Mudflap Installation

F-250 Husky Wheel Well Liners & Spray on Bedliner

T-Willy

Nice set up. I really like the F-250 for all of the reasons you state in your first video. It's all business. How is the ride quality on bumpy dirt roads?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles