norcold fridge issue

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
So I picked up a used mrft-60 about 6 years ago. It has been purring like a kitten for me all this time and I love it. However last week I used it on the back deck of my house for a party and after I plugged it in it shut down a few hours later. It will not turn on while plugged into the house but runs fine in the truck. Any one have any thoughts on the matter? I have tried a different plug so that is not the issue I'm guessing the power supply.

Curmudgeon

Adventurer
Sounds like the power supply may have failed. The refrigerator actually operates on DC regardless of what it is plugged into. It doesn't actually run on 120 volts. When plugged into 120 there is a 120/12 volt power supply that supplies 12 volts to the cooling unit. If you test the output of the power supply you will probably find it is dead.

I suppose there is a possibility there is a fuse in the circuit that has blown, but you will have to open up the business end of the fridge to find out. It would help if there were a schematic available, but the MRFT-60 is just a rebadged Engel MT-60 and Engel won't give you a schematic. My experience has been that Engel won't even answer routine emails from customers, so you're on your own.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior