Nobo 10.6 vs InTech explore

Red13

They are coming out with a new Discover.

I love my explore. I have a family of 4 and one tip out. Kids (6and8) sleep on the floor without an issues.

dreadlocks

I got a 120lb Pyrenees and Corgi on the floor, plus one of the major justifications of upgrading to a trailer was the capability to just crash and roll, so gotta be able to crawl into bed without unloading the trailer.. and vice versa, load up everything the night before.. then at 4am, carry the kids to the car, fold up the beds and roll out without making any noise so we can get a jump on the next leg of the trip.. really handy when your in the middle of yellowstone or something that has crap traffic once the sun comes up, that lil trick saved us a ton of time during the last Eclipse and let us stay an extra night.

Here we are all hooked up sleeping in the desert after I didnt wanna drive anymore that day, quick crash and then back on the road bright and early, didnt even wanna put down stabilizer legs.. pulled out just my oldest's bike so he could burn some energy off before bedtime.
00000IMG_00000_BURST20191019183811977_COVER (4).jpg

dreadlocks

We managed to get camping there no problemo during the eclipse w/no reservations thanks to the trailer, something unthinkable before w/a tent.. we rolled in late at night and the only place to stay was a $500/night Shallet.. so we pulled into a boat parking lot, crawled into the camper and slept for a few hours.. when the sun came up the next morning we were waiting first in line at a campground on the other side of the park, as soon as the host station opened up they let us in and choose from any of the sites that opened up overnight.. by checkout time there was a half mile line outside the camp and most of those guys didnt get diddly... early bird gets the worm, and when you can packup your previous camp in minimal time and hit the road it helps a ton..

compared to my car camping w/a tent days, the camp grew to the point where teardown took about 45m-1h if we hauled ass this was a huge payoff investing in a trailer.. dunno how those guys stand those complicated tent trailer setups, some of those elaborate dr seuss tents look like an hour to tear down camp would be a bit optimistic.

Red13

We managed to get camping there no problemo during the eclipse w/no reservations thanks to the trailer, something unthinkable before w/a tent.. we rolled in late at night and the only place to stay was a $500/night Shallet.. so we pulled into a boat parking lot, crawled into the camper and slept for a few hours.. when the sun came up the next morning we were waiting first in line at a campground on the other side of the park, as soon as the host station opened up they let us in and choose from any of the sites that opened up overnight.. by checkout time there was a half mile line outside the camp and most of those guys didnt get diddly... early bird gets the worm, and when you can packup your previous camp in minimal time and hit the road it helps a ton..

compared to my car camping w/a tent days, the camp grew to the point where teardown took about 45m-1h if we hauled ass this was a huge payoff investing in a trailer.. dunno how those guys stand those complicated tent trailer setups, some of those elaborate dr seuss tents look like an hour to tear down camp would be a bit optimistic.

That's good to hear.

TGK

Made another inquiry with Intech recently regarding status of the 2nd Gen Discover or, (take your pick) bigger Explore. In reply to my question on when details would be forthcoming, they said likely this fall.

dreadlocks

Yeah that seems to be when they announce new models and changes, I think they switch the model year build in the summer, and then once they got all the next years first units completed the'll start updating marketing with new updates/models.. hopefully they are building the first couple units now and we'll get to see em revealed in the coming months.

Hope the Discover demand makes em regret taking it off the market heh.. so many people got sad when I told em they cant buy one after telling me that I have exactly what they been looking for... I know I've sold at least 3 smaller flyers, but ive met dozens of people who chased me down to try to get the details on the Discover..

Last edited:

GkraneTX

Made another inquiry with Intech recently regarding status of the 2nd Gen Discover or, (take your pick) bigger Explore. In reply to my question on when details would be forthcoming, they said likely this fall.
So they are also making a bigger version of the explore?

dreadlocks

They brought back the Discover model that is longer/taller than the Explore, originally in production from 2017-2018 as a Tandem Axle w/Slide out kitchen its returned for 2021 w/Single Axle and interior kitchen... looks like the bunks are different too.

Last edited:

dreadlocks

Some important differences:

My 2017 DiscoverNew 2021 Discover
Total Length238.75"216"
Total Width99.5"102"
Box Length192"168"
Box Width78"84"
Rear Ramp Opening Width68"74"
Max Height (w/Roofrack)113.5"118"
Ground Clearance12"16"
Interior Height82"83"
GVWR7000lb5200lb
Cargo Capacity2250-3100lb2400-2700lb
Hitch Height18"20"
Bed Dimensions60"x81" (2000lbs)46"x81" (1100lbs)

Some pretty significant changes from the OG Discovers, they didnt publish a dry tongue weight for mine but I'm sitting heavy around 700lbs right now, so they did make it lighter.. and more ground clearance, but its taller and thats been a bigger issue for me than clearance.. the extra width sure would be nice but again I dont want big old mirrors either or a wider track than me.

Last edited:

TGK

Dreadlocks, what's your experience been with your tip out bed fabric in prolonged heavy rain?

Frankly, I'd like to see them offer an option without any tip out beds but with the option of a Happijac lift style bed in the rear. The posted interior dimensions suggest to me that one might be able to fit a queen lift bed inside. These lift beds are common in larger toy haulers and are also options offered by more than one custom cargo trailer company that offer a menu of "upfitting" for camping. One place that does this is Double R Trailers in Nampa, Idaho. Another is Trailmarker Outdoors in New York. A lift bed arrangement would not be great for a family, but would be a good option for 2 people or someone running solo. It eliminates the "soft" sides if one finds oneself in bear country. Also, in my neck of the woods on the west side of the Cascades, a hard side unit without fabric pop outs would be better prolonged rain.

dreadlocks

They aint no problem, Ive been in tents for 30 years in Bear country and I'm still here, there is only 1 campground ive ever found that required hardsided and thats fishing bridge in Yellostone.. Ive been through desert storms this camper and came out the other end perfectly dry.. They are much more heavy duty than any tent, its not like if you brush up against em in the rain you just flooded out your bed.. nothing comes in.

You can always not use em too.. I always figured if I started taking this out in the winter months we'd just get some cots and leave the sides up... I'm 6'4" tall and I really like being able to walk through the camper w/out hititng my head on anything, not even the aircon.. screw a low hanging bed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles