Nobo 10.6 vs InTech explore

xaman

Makes sense. But you’re saying you tip the bed out at a rest stop, or Walmart parking lot etc? I was thinking that might not be doable for bad etiquette. I also will always have a motorcycle inside, so have to think through is that’s ok to sleep with (fumes).

Do you have a way to lock your generator for those scenarios?

dreadlocks

uh rest stops and wall marts encourage over night stops, I've overnighted in many of em.. popping down the side would be bad form if you took space from someone else with limited availability or otherwise blocked people in with it.. so popout over the grass or landscaping in those situations.. this was one of the reasons we retired our tent, instead of a few expensive hours in a pet friendly hotel when we are busting ass across the country now we can just pullover wherever we need and get a few hours of rest.. Society would rather have you metaphorically crash overnight somewhere than literally, you'll find any Security or LEO's you encounter more than understanding.

I rarely run generator overnight, dont visit the south too much.. but I do plan on welding a low pro lock down onto a hitch step and securing it on the back of the trailer because I'd like to leave the dogs behind w/aircon every once and a while so we can do some less dog friendly activities... it has a power vent for any fumes that come off your motorcycle, I plan on having a few dirt bikes in mine before this season is up.. if they are not EFI just shut off the fuel and run the carb dry before loading it up and that will take care most of the fumes, same goes for genny.. store fuel cans on the roof.

Last edited:

STREGA

Explorer
Last Friday I did swing by Toms Camperland in Mesa to look over their Intech trailers and a couple other brands they had in stock. They had one Explorer in stock that had dual tipouts and slideout kitchen option. Although it was a nice trailer and I could deal with the fact that it's not quite as tall inside as I'am I don't think it is what I'am really after, it would be a great choice for a young growing family IMHO. They also had a Pursue and a Chase on the floor those were to small for me but did give me a chance to look over their build quality which was good.

I also looked at the Luna teardrop style trailers they had in stock, 2 were the upper end model with the deluxe kitchen, mattress that folds into chairs and the plastic fenders/rear bumper and the other 2 were the Rover version. Wasn't impressed with the deluxe version due to the plastic fender/bumper it comes with, one of the unit looked like it had spent the summer outside in the sun and the bumper was actually seperating from the body there was about a 1/4" gap! The other one was kept indoors and did not have that gap. Now the Luna Rover did catch my eye, I liked the more offroad capable suspension, frame mounted side steps and the rear bumper was at least aluminum instead of plastic. The optional roof rack looked to be actually usable as was the rear kitchen area which seemed a bit larger than most teardrop trailers I have seen. Where it really shined was the cabin interior which was very roomy due to the forward slanting front wall and the large window in that wall, that took away the clausterphobic feel that a lot of teardrop trailers tend to have. There are 2 seats with a small amount of storage under them and a built in table that has the 20lb propane tank under it. I can sit on the seat and still have enough clearance so my head doesn't hit the ceiling and was easy enough for me to get inside and out of the interior which has become a big thing for me since I just had back surgery. It does have a TV and AC which is not that important to me and no heater either which I would rather have, a small Mr Buddy would heat up the interior easily enough would just like to have the heater built in.

Overall the build quality was very good with the Intech trailers other than the plastic fender/bumper on the deluxe Luna and the prices were not to bad compared to the other trailers in their class. Can't say I was real impressed with Tom's Camperland either I was there for at least 20 minutes before a salesman showed up and that was after a techniction working on a trailer I was looking at went and found a salesman for me, they were not busy at the time I was there. The salesman I did get did not seem all that interested in selling me a trailer either, had to drag info out from him which got frustrating after awhile. Also the 2 Rovers they had were both way back in a dark corner which made them hard to look at, since I didn't think to bring a flashlight with me I ended up using the light on my cell phone why would you not have at least one of them in a better spot for a customer to look at them easier. There is a Intech dealer in Lake Havahsu so I will give them a shot next time I get a chance to go there.

dreadlocks

those Luna Rovers are really nice, the front window is just amazing.. but I dont get how your fine with luna low ceiling and not the explore? Might wait for the SOL, you can stand in it.. but I get it, if explore had a higher ceiling I may have considered it harder.

STREGA

Explorer
those Luna Rovers are really nice, the front window is just amazing.. but I dont get how your fine with luna low ceiling and not the explore? Might wait for the SOL, you can stand in it.. but I get it, if explore had a higher ceiling I may have considered it harder.

Actually I did say I was fine with the interior height of the Explorer, If it had been 4-6" taller I could have stood up in it. That would also made it that much taller or harder to access the roof rack it was already a bit of a reach as it is. Being a teardrop I had no expectation of being able to even stand up in the Luna so being able to sit upright in it was pretty cool I thought. Just about all teardrops I have seen which is quite a few you could not do that, it would make putting on clothes a bit easier than a normal size teardrop I would think. And that front window is amazing.

Agfadoc

I almost bought the Rover, but I wanted a place where a portable toilet would work in a pinch. I also wanted to load bikes inside. When I stop somewhere to eat, I stress about having them exposed to entice someone, no matter how good a lock is, a determined person can destroy it or take them.

I have been searching for over a year for the right trailer for me, and I do wish the Explore was 4 inches taller, but I can stand up, get dressed, make coffee and sleep in a gravity chair if needed to stay closed up when passing through.

I did speak with Rich via email at Intech and he said these are the changes to the 2019 model:

Thank you for your interest in in the Explore Flyer. The changes from 2018 to 2019 include:

· Roadside tipout now standard – price reflected
· Spare tire now standard – price reflected
· Tongue storage box standard (20# LP tank deleted)
· MaxxAir vent now standard – price reflected
· Battery disconnect new and standard
· Newly designed kitchen – uses 1# disposable LP bottles vs. 20# LP tanks
· Lift kit deleted, option added for 45° down axle, gives same 2” additional clearance and allows customer to add lift kit later for an additional 2-5/8” lift.

My Explore arrived and there is a substantial gap between the tire and fender, vs the ones I have seen online.

STREGA

Explorer
I almost bought the Rover, but I wanted a place where a portable toilet would work in a pinch. I also wanted to load bikes inside. When I stop somewhere to eat, I stress about having them exposed to entice someone, no matter how good a lock is, a determined person can destroy it or take them.

I have been searching for over a year for the right trailer for me, and I do wish the Explore was 4 inches taller, but I can stand up, get dressed, make coffee and sleep in a gravity chair if needed to stay closed up when passing through.

I did speak with Rich via email at Intech and he said these are the changes to the 2019 model:

Thank you for your interest in in the Explore Flyer. The changes from 2018 to 2019 include:

· Roadside tipout now standard – price reflected
· Spare tire now standard – price reflected
· Tongue storage box standard (20# LP tank deleted)
· MaxxAir vent now standard – price reflected
· Battery disconnect new and standard
· Newly designed kitchen – uses 1# disposable LP bottles vs. 20# LP tanks
· Lift kit deleted, option added for 45° down axle, gives same 2” additional clearance and allows customer to add lift kit later for an additional 2-5/8” lift.

My Explore arrived and there is a substantial gap between the tire and fender, vs the ones I have seen online.

That's where the explorer rocks is its ability to haul a lot of toys and camp gear securely. My guess is that most of the items that are going to be standard for 2019 was what most everybody were ordering their Explorers with anyway. Hope the Rover gets a couple of them as well.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
This is great thread. Lots of discussion around the issues that us Dads that want bunks for 4, and secure storage. My dream rig would be the Max Flyer, double rear doors, one fold out side bunk, side door, the slide out kitchen. All sounds normal right?

Here’s the biggie!! A full roof panel pop up section thats about 3-3.5ft high. Think FWC camper style popup roof. Why?

This popup adds a whole new dimension to the Max.

The pop up adds bunking ability at the height of the hard wall top. The moto / atv dad / guy can Walmart bunk above his kit with screened windows / ventilation. And be up high enough for added security. Also that added height adds bunking ability in Bear country.

Kids!!!
Kids can be bunked above parents below in Bear country.

Non Bear country pop out bed for parents kids up above.

I know, I know roof top tent? Yeah I’d rather have a $3000 add on popup roof than a tent in a bag strapped to the roof.

For my needs I want to toss bicycles, boats and toys into the trailer, lock it and know its all out of sight and locked up. My Lifetime tent trailer is awesome except. All our crap is on display going down the road and its not a Bear country rig. That and it takes too long to set up and tear down.

CreeperSleeper

Looking for bigger rocks.
Check out the Flagstaff E-Pro / Rockwood Geo (same trailer). After months of shopping, we ended up with an E-Pro and love it. The fit and finish is night and day over the NOBO

MCT

Check out the Flagstaff E-Pro / Rockwood Geo (same trailer). After months of shopping, we ended up with an E-Pro and love it. The fit and finish is night and day over the NOBO
Is it an E16TH? I'm interested in those, but there isn't one on our local lot. How solid is the floor? My biggest concern is the quality of the floor structure. Thanks

CreeperSleeper

Looking for bigger rocks.
We looked at the E16TH and the floor seemed solid. We ended up with a E19BH since it was better suited for our needs/family.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Like many here I go around and around trying to figure out the best rig for our needs. The early small VRVs I thought were brilliant. But of course they morphed into giant 5thwheels or sand dune side by side atv rigs.
The Intech was back to the brilliant idea but with the modern slide out kitchen idea!! Yay!!! Tip out bunk yay!! Lower roof profile yay!!!

But damn it!!!! This simple camper needs one more step to get me in one. They need the popup roof like the 4wheel truck camper! It becomes bear country friendly with high hard sides etc. Then I can have my perfect trailer. Bunk option up high, bunk option down low. Low tow profile, low storage garageable option, or behind side yard fence. Rear opening doors for toys and camping gear stowed outa sight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles