No whining, just wining...

GR8ADV

Explorer
Not an epic adventure but bugged out in the FUSO for a few days. 1200 miles or so from Seattle to the wine country of Walla Walla WA to the Pinot country of OR and off to the coast.

The trip this time of year through the cascades is beautiful.

image.jpeg

About three hours away are the Palouse Falls, literally in the middle of nowhere. The last of the glacial falls in Washington that still carries water.

image.jpg

The great thing of the FUSO is its ability to get off the beaten track but still have some of the nice things like a shower and bathroom.

Here we camped by the river near Waitsburg WA.

image.jpg

Last edited:

GR8ADV

Explorer
Found a quiet place between two vineyards to spend the night.

image.jpg

Off to the coast to spend the day. The FUSO is heavy for the beach but held its own as the sun set.

image.jpg

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Nice photos, Ken. I'm glad to hear that the trip went well.

The Oregon Coast used to empty out a lot more in the fall than it has the past couple of years. We got to Cape Blanco State Park last Saturday at 4:00 and got one of the last 3 of the 67 sites in the park. I suspect the better fall weather we've been getting has a lot to do with it. Most of the weather that made Oregon autumns and springs kinda bleak has gone AWOL in recent years.

GR8ADV

Explorer
Nice photos, Ken. I'm glad to hear that the trip went well.

The Oregon Coast used to empty out a lot more in the fall than it has the past couple of years. We got to Cape Blanco State Park last Saturday at 4:00 and got one of the last 3 of the 67 sites in the park. I suspect the better fall weather we've been getting has a lot to do with it. Most of the weather that made Oregon autumns and springs kinda bleak has gone AWOL in recent years.

We were in shirt sleeves at sunset in mid October on the coast. Makes no sense.

What town was the first pic? Beautiful.

Leavenworth WA I believe. About 2 hours out of Seattle on the east side of the Cascade range. It is a beautiful area most any time of the year. Fall colors made it seem like I was driving through a giant salmon berry, all orange with a hint of red. I won't take credit for that pic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles