No more jeep--for now

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Well, my jeep's over 8 years old now and the forays with my little trailer are fewer--

The bear scare really soured my wife on the tent/light trailer camping, so it's on to bigger things--

Here's the old
Feb%202016%20023_zpsf0djuidr.jpg

After 53 mods--I was finished anyway-

Here's the new
SUNP0101_zpsysyemsis.jpg

Heh Heh, yeah--I ordered it a while ago--it's quite a package too-

If anyone has an interest---I'll give details !

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: OK, no diesel--395 horse HEMI/8spd auto/4wd auto & 4hi/4lo/3.92 gears/LS differential/all leather interior/short bed/cargo lights--ALL COIL SPRINGS !

The rest is pretty standard for the RAM--

The 4wd auto is their fairly new "all wheel" drive option in 4wd-

To say the least--it's DIFFERENT" than my '08 JKUR !!!

She's got 333 miles on her right now--that'll change soon and that's because my dealer found the closest RAM that I wanted--in Sacramento, so had to bringit to Nevada--

I have "sliders/w steps" on order and a set of thin Bushwacker flares also on order, i'll probably get some mileage on these stock wheel/tires, before I changem--after Christmas-

No real off-road mods till early 2017, but I usually get pretty impatient, we'll see-

CIAO

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Sweet!

Think I'd go play in the twisty canyons for a while to "break-in" those tires before the snow comes... :elkgrin:
What a beauty! <insert wolf whistle here>

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Thanx CMDR, I'm afraid I've gotta go to Las Vegas/Los Angeles/Northern Ca. for Xgiving/Xmas--

I'm just gonna get hiwy miles onit and it is a pleasure to drive/w rock solid steering and full coil springs-somewhere above 22 MPG

Have a great day

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Congrats, Jimbo. Hope you enjoy it.
You've been a fun JK owner/contributor for so long...
Maybe you'll pick up a diesel JL in a few years and come back to the fold.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Thanx HD, This RAM is just a big fat JKUR-

It doesn't have lockers, but does have LS and traction control and very 4LO/w the 8spd auto-

Of course I won't submit this RAM to the same terrain I did the Rubi, but with "MODs" it's gonna be another project-to try in the boonies and it has a dual hitch plug/w 4-pin/7-pin--so I can easily pull my little off-road trailer !

Now that's kinda crazy, tow a 1000lb trailer with a truck that's good for 10,000 lbs-insane !

Have a great day HD-

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I used to tow my teardrop with the Power Wagon, Jim. You'll forget that it's back there...

So what's the new camper going to be? Dendy ditched his Conqueror trailers and got an Airstream. You looking to go big?

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Heh Heh, I kinda doubtit HD, My wife wants a FWC, or one that stays with the truck and folds up/down--

I've gotta do so much driving-thru xgiving/xmas and moving stuff back from Ca.,(decided not to move) I won't have time for too much mod--I want to get a LEAR Camper Shell first--to keep the cargo bed stuff dry/safe and "Breakin" this RAM-

So far all the elex works and the first thing I tried, was the 4auto/4hi/4lo and the 4lo/w the 8spd auto has a top speed of about 2 mph in 1st(red line)t-yes it has manual gear select), the 4auto makes it AWD--400 HP/3.92 Diff's--gotta be careful

I will have time for new sliders/fender flares(thin)-due today and Friday--

I'm not excited(??), but anxious to play with this new (TOY)

CIAO

:costumed-smiley-007 JIMBO

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Great heads up forsaken--

I'll checkout AEV--thanx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94