No longer available

bcnaz

Observer
Sold

My commuter is on the block - more of an executive sleeper than overland, but I figured it may appeal to this crowd.

Conservative SUV exterior, leather clad interior, 600+HP built AWD monster under the hood

Located in Phoenix/Mesa AZ

2007 Saab 9-7x 5.3 V8 AWD

1 of 555 made in 2007 (Rare SUV built by General Motors, similar to a Trailblazer SS, but more unique and with a much nicer interior).

Current daily driver. Automatic, Obsidian Black, Fully loaded w/ heated leather seats, sunroof, power everything, tow package, etc.

All modifications were done 2016-2018. Can provide copies of work completed. All work done by reputable shops. Purchased the car from Newport Beach, CA with around 87k miles from an older couple who had the car since new.

Dyno tuned: 540rwhp/620rwtq on E85~
505rwhp/580rwtq on Pump 91

Engine: 5.3L V8 325c.i. w/ dished pistons & ARP Headstuds,
Camshaft: Lunati Voodoo Duration @ .050 (Int/Exh): 222/228 .567/.567, LSA/ICL: 113/109, RPM Range: 2000-6600
Cylinder Heads: LS6 Full CNC Ported with Lunati Dual .660 lift valve springs, ARP bolts
Lifters: LS7 Lifters, lifter trays (DOD delete)
Fuel Pump: 450LPH Walbro pump E85 (In-Fuel tank)
Fuel Sensor: GM Flex-Fuel sensor, pump and E85 compatible
Fuel injectors and Fuel Rail: Deatschwerks 90LB (950cc) LSA injectors with Factory LSA fuel and braided lines
Exhaust: Maximizer Long tube Headers 1.7" OD, dual high flow cats, dual exhaust Magnaflow
Oil Pump and Timing gear: Melling High-Performance Oil Pump with LS2 Timing gear and chains

Supercharger: 2012 CTS-V LSA Supercharger w/ 6 rib 2.75 Pulley with Inter-cooler and reservoir tank. Upgraded to a solid isolator. Makes about 12-13lbs of boost. Supercharger came from a 2012 CTS-V with 17k~ miles. Supercharger lid coated black.

Transmission: New Stage 6 Built 4L70E (650hp+ blue printed build w/ less than 5K miles),
24k Tru cool trans-cooler w/ front mounted with DUAL spal fans. AEM temp gauge.
Torque Converter (Stall):Yank Pro-Truck series 2800 stall speed,
10.5 inch billet converter. Good up to 1,200 rwhp.
Cooling Fans: PCM of NC Dual Electric Fan Kit - Three Relay Kit

Gears: Stock 3.73 gears, with Active AWD transfer case
Suspension: OEM springs with Bilstein HD shocks. Same as TBSS height, springs are tuned better for Saab 9-7x

Recent service: Power steering pump and fluid flush, new OEM radio with AUX input, new climate control panel, oil changes regularly at 3k miles, new transfer case fluid, new differential fluid, AC recharged (Ice Cold), new Maxx Life battery, new rear tires, alignment, lower control arms and bushings, new Supercharger belt, both brand new headlight housings, new upper A-Arms and bushings. New HD shocks. Aero wheels.

Can email me direct at Brian (dot) F (dot) Carey at gmail (dot) com

Last edited:

DailyJeep

Adventurer
Overland vehicle or not, this is super cool! As someone who owns an SRT Jeep, I love me a playful SUV.

I don't know the market but I feel like your asking price is reasonable. If you're willing to play with a reserve, I would think this might do well on bringatrailer.com if they are agreeable. Might not resonate with their audience or you could be pleasantly surprised. For $99, not a terrible proposition.

bcnaz

Observer
Appreciate the kind words -

Hadn't thought of Bring-a-trailer but that might be a good idea.

Also forgot to mention -

I'm reluctantly selling to move into a full size so a partial trade (plush cash from my end) for a newer full size (must be 4x4 & have 4 doors) would be considered. Updated the original post to reflect this

bcnaz

Observer
Bumping for a price drop -

There is over $13,500 in just the motor and transmission before the blower ($6,500 retail) so this is a $20K+ build on top of the very clean base truck.

Last edited:

bcnaz

Observer
Updated link and price dropped again! Most HP for the buck that I'm aware of.

Last edited:

bcnaz

Observer
Picked up my replacement vehicle so trades are off the block, but she now has to go - dropped price and will give another $500 off for expo members.

Priced less than what is in the motor alone - Cheapest HP for the buck anywhere!!! (that I'm aware of)

Runfar21

That is very cool ?.... Hope you sell it before we move back from China next month or I may get the assignment from my wife to head west!

bcnaz

Observer
Appreciate the kind words. By the way -

600 HP of American built, blown LS goodness is the current Dr. recommended decompression prescription for returning from a stint in China. With every turn of the key you'll get a reassuring daily dose of audible and chest thumping throaty exhaust lope that gently reminds your core DNA that you are back in the mother land. ; )

Cheers -

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online