NmexMAX's 08 Pathfinder

NmexMAX

Finally, here's my build thread. Decided to purchase a Pathfinder because I like Nissan, and this little gem had everything I wanted. Basically fully loaded, Navigation, DVD (never even used it once by the way, but I wanted it), heated leather, back up camera (unuseable now) and, of course the V8. After a little research into the options, drivetrain, etc, I should have just gone with an older version of anything due to the aftermarket support for them, because the support for this is essentially non-existent. In any case, this is a fun expedition vehicle that can get even more fun when/if needed.

2008 Pathfinder LE V8, picked it up with 67k, was a company car on the east coast. (Fair amount of rust, unfortunately, was bought from Carmax, and living in the SW-USA, I didn't think, experience point for next time). Unfortunately, Nissan wasn't smart enough or didn't think there was market for it, but the LEV8 version wasn't offered in the Off Road Trim it's V6 counterparts were. These options included upgraded shocks, 16” wheel's/tires (V8 only has the 18” option), 3.36 gears (V8 only has 2.94's) and lastly hill decent/assist. But, the V8 did come with upgraded differentials compared to even the Off Road versions. R230 rear and M205 front. The rear shared with the Armada, and the front shared with both the Armada and Titan. In any case, on to what I've done.

2008 LE V8 Pathfinder

Suspension:
What's left of the Calmini 5" drop bracket lift.
Front: RadFlo 2.5” Extended travel/remote res Coilovers
PRG Products Extended travel Upper Control Arms
Rear: PRG/RadFlo 2.0 emulsion shocks
4x4 Parts HD Springs

Exhaust
Cajun B-pipes
Magnaflow 18” muffler

Drivetrain:
Swapped 3.36 diffs from the OEM 2.94's
M205 Front ARB Air Locker, (only item at the moment sitting in the garage waiting for install)

Armor/Recovery
Tactical Armor Group front bumper
Warn M8000 Winch
Warn Medium Duty recovery kit (free from Warn, with the Winch)
Rocky Road Super Sliders

Wheels/Tires
Fuel Hostage Black, 18x9, 4.5” BS/-12mm
325 65 18 GoodYear DuraTracs

Misc:
Rear hitch tire carrier/Jerry can/Hi lift hardware/Spare.

First day home, Dec '11. Stock

Hopewell lake 2 years ago, labor day:

Jemez Mts 2 4th of Julys ago:

Canjilon Lakes Lake last year. At the time, 295 65 18's.

Santa Fe Ski Basin last April:

Valles Caldera last Feb:

Hopewell this past 4th:

Random weekend headed for the trail head for a little ATV'ing:

Right up the road next to my old house, water tank:

Hopewell lake, 10,500' above sea level last 4th of July.
972210_10151774054487269_1345262281_n.jpg

Clean picture end of last summer. New bumper, winch, ~35's. (325 65 18) All pre pics are with 33's (295 65 18).

Also added remote res and extended coilovers, vs having to use the spacer Provided by Calmini:
photo_zpscb3c8098.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Spare tire carrier/j can/hi lift combo.

Getting ready for a ride in the snow Nov '13.
1459337_10152087871347269_304404530_n.jpg

And 2 weeks ago, near Pagosa/Wolf Creek:

1599655_10152297155872269_1106763894_o.jpg

Looking forward to some more trail time soon.

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
That is one sick Pathfinder my friend. I dig it.

I like the RZR too. My folks have one. I have thought about getting one before, but I'd be afraid it would render my Frontier redundant!

skibum315

Explorer
Thanks for posting your build! I've been really lusting after one of these (R51 V8) ... may need to see if I can find the right combo (of price, mileage, color, cloth ... )

... just too many projects and not enough cash!

bushnut

Adventurer
with that rear mount tire carrier is that a new bumper or does it mount to the trailer hitch...and if so can you still use the hitch as an anchor point?
btw nice truck...

NmexMAX

Thanks fellas, greatly appreciated! I have small expedition, well not really, but a small trail ride going to the local, ski hill via not through the highway, small little trail going through the forest, should be fun. Intermediate, but still not on a paved road.

bushnut said:
with that rear mount tire carrier is that a new bumper or does it mount to the trailer hitch...and if so can you still use the hitch as an anchor point?
btw nice truck...
Thanks!

That's correct, it just slides into the existing hitch, and also offers a hitch for towing. http://www.tiregate.com/hg-series/ A little higher than stock, but at this point, it doesn't matter, as a drop down hitch was required anyway. There is an aftermarket bumper and tire carrier available from the same company that made my front bumper, but the exit angles aren't too good, it costs a lot, and takes quite a while. I may go that route in the future but this set-up works well fro the time being.

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
looks sweet, i always really enjoyed that generation of pathfinder. i didn't think to consider one when i picked up my 4runner. love the 35's

NmexMAX

Thanks fellas. It certainly serves it's intent & purpose, and it is not a DD. 13.7 MPG, hence the need for 2 gas tanks for those extra long expos. I appreciate the kind words again. Many people frown upon IFS and IRS, and had I known more when I purchased it, but I REALLY like the V8, though I may have though 2x about it considering IRS. Though it is far better than the new Pathfinders though.

Allof75

Pathfinder
When it comes to IFS/IRS, just wheel it and prove people wrong. The Luddites can keep their solid axles, I'll take the smooth ride any day. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94