NIW MSR MIOX Military Water Purification System - $125 shipped OBO

t42beal13t

Adventurer
This is a really light, really compact water purification system. I opened one for photos but the one for sale is new in the wrapper. The system retails for around $180 in the military edition and $150 in the civilian edition. This one is $125 shipped conus OBO

From MSR's info sheet:

The MSR MIOX Purifier is the easiest and most reliable method for warfighters to purify water in the field.

Performance:
Meets the U.S. EPA’s standard for portable water purifiers. Kills bacteria, viruses, and protozoa.

Developed for Military Applications:
The MSR MIOX Purifier was developed for the U.S. military by the MIOX Corporation and Mountain Safety Research (MSR), with support from the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA). The product is a miniaturization of MIOX’s municipal water purification systems, a technology that been proven to be safe and effective in providing up to 1 billion gallons of water per day to consumers worldwide. Prototypes of the MSR MIOX Purifier performed flawlessly during Operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan and provided safe drinking water to Iraqi citizens during the war in Iraq.

How It Works:
The MSR MIOX Purifier uses electricity to convert salt and water into a powerful disinfectant. Operation is simple. Remove the cap, add a few drops of water, and shake to create a brine solution. Press the button, and the brine is converted into a mixed oxidant solution through electrolysis. Pour this solution into a canteen or hydration system and wait 30 minutes. The result is safe drinking water.

Ultra-light and compact - 1/4 the weight and 1/7th the size of a hand held filtration pump.
Easy to use - add water, shake, then press the button.
Can rapidly treat multiple containers of water at one time, so you don’t waste time pumping a filter.
Variable dosage lets you set the unit to purify anywhere from .5 L to 4L at a time.
Safety Indicator Strips increase confidence by verifying performance in “worst case water”.
No iodine is used, so there is no iodine taste or health risk.
Shock and freeze tested to ensure that it can withstand accidental falls and the harshest weather conditions.
No shelf life – the unit produces a fresh solution for each use.
Low-maintenance – occasionally replace salt and lithium camera batteries.
End-of-Life Indicator – Warns you when the batteries are getting low.

Treats over 200 Liters on a set of batteries.
Shock and Freeze Proof.
Submersible to 60’.
Works in extreme environments.
Smaller and lighter than existing commercial products.

[Weight: Pen – 3.5 oz. Complete Kit – 8 oz.]

Kit Includes: MSR MIOX Purifier, Salt, Safety Indicator Strips, Batteries, Instruction
Booklet, Quick-Start Guide and Stuff Sack.

Attachments

• IMAG1287.jpg
    IMAG1287.jpg
    467.9 KB · Views: 206
  • IMAG1288.jpg
    IMAG1288.jpg
    499.7 KB · Views: 213
  • IMAG1289.jpg
    IMAG1289.jpg
    468.4 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:

Ranger4x4dr

Observer
Should I be concerned?

I heard from seller today by email and will get me tracking info when shipped so all seems good for now.....but Incendo sent payment today as well but is not in conus? I guess I'll wait and see what happens.

Last edited:

Jolly Roger

Adventurer
Yeah I sent payment when I was told the item was still available. Haven't heard anything since sending the payment off?????

The Rover Shop

Explorer
I wouldn't be concerned... he seems to be on here a bit and is selling a bit of military surplus items.. It does say in his post that he has a couple of these (well at least 2).. I know he is buying a Land Rover from the rovertrader guy...I think you will be fine....

t42beal13t

Adventurer
Yeah guys, sorry for the delay. I've been really busy this weekend. Friday a friend was playing college basketball in the area so I went to see her last game and a movie aftwards. Saturday, my fiance and I headed 2 hours each way to work on the Rover trade with Rovertrader and when we got back we went straight to dinner. Sunday was church and a 3 hour engagement photo session, followed by spending the evening and into the night with friends. As you can imagine, I didn't have any free time at all. Incendo, I received payment and I thought I sent a confirmation reply but I guess it didn't go through. I have a few of these so I haven't sold more than I have.

Both filters will ship today via usps priority. I promise my word is good!

t42beal13t

Adventurer
All are boxed up and I'm headed to the post office in an hour or so. You all should receive USPS tracking #s to the email addresses you used for payment.

Thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94