Nissan Y62 frame and suspension compared to a Toyo L200?

Oshkosh-P

Observer
Hello,

i know usually you would always compare the older patrol Y61 to the big land Cruiser, since the truck is just way closer to the core of an old school offroader. But since those Nissans get older every day and the newer patrol/Infinity become cheaper everyday, i thought it might be not too bad to think about this.

Back in the day someone on this board was nice enough to get me the measurements of a LC 200 compared to the Y61 chassis, which where 185x90x3.2mm (LC200) and 170x70x3.5mm (Y61). So in this comparision the LC has the nissan beat when it comes to to frames, but of course the Patrol Y61 would still be considered the tougher offroader due to it's massive front axle.

Now at least from the look of it the Y62 could have a comparable front suspension to the LC 200, maybe it looks a bit less massive, but looks can be deciving. The rear will now probably go to the Toyota since it still rocks that massive solide axle in the back.

But how about the frame? Is the Y62 frame a worthy successor or just some sad excuse not to unibody in the first place?

leeleatherwood

Nobody's got one of those?

The Y62 frame is a true truck frame, it's nearly identical to the 1st Gen Armada which is again nearly identical to the Titan.

The frame is 6 7/8" x 4" under the cab, it's fully boxed front to rear. I will try to measure the thickness when it's daylight outside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne