Nissan Photos - post your's

moderndaynorseman

A blank canvas to work with! Love that color, too! That is my favorite look on a Frontier... Crew Cab and a long bed. Will be fun with the Titan Swap. Are you going full Swap?

My plan was full Titan swap, rear axle and front diff included. The rear axle will take a bit of modification to do (moving leaf spring perches and possibly shock mounts) and I might get the rear 4 linked at that same time, haven't decided yet.

Probably go with stock Titan parts for the short term, upgrading to a Dirt King kit eventually.

In the mean time, I'll be pulling the rear seats and installing a platform in their place with a molle panel on the rear wall to hang gear bags from. Unsure of what bumpers to go with though, trying to decide between arb or a custom/fabricator build. Rear will for sure end up custom. I want to do a high clearance wraparound with dual swingouts, which seems to be missing in the Frontier aftermarket.

bigskypylot

Explorer
My plan was full Titan swap, rear axle and front diff included. The rear axle will take a bit of modification to do (moving leaf spring perches and possibly shock mounts) and I might get the rear 4 linked at that same time, haven't decided yet.

Probably go with stock Titan parts for the short term, upgrading to a Dirt King kit eventually.

In the mean time, I'll be pulling the rear seats and installing a platform in their place with a molle panel on the rear wall to hang gear bags from. Unsure of what bumpers to go with though, trying to decide between arb or a custom/fabricator build. Rear will for sure end up custom. I want to do a high clearance wraparound with dual swingouts, which seems to be missing in the Frontier aftermarket.
Yeah, I have a MaxGear. Would love a high clearance bumper and dual swingout. The high clearance just wont work with the X without moving the EVAP and a lot of cutting. I have a 2005 Rear axle we are cutting the perches and putting some ballistic fab ones on in the right spot. Would love to four link but gonna wait til I do a Currie rear. The DK Lower Arms dont give any added travel so i nixed that idea.

moderndaynorseman

Yeah, I have a MaxGear. Would love a high clearance bumper and dual swingout. The high clearance just wont work with the X without moving the EVAP and a lot of cutting. I have a 2005 Rear axle we are cutting the perches and putting some ballistic fab ones on in the right spot. Would love to four link but gonna wait til I do a Currie rear. The DK Lower Arms dont give any added travel so i nixed that idea.

Good to know on the DK lower arms. Sounding like it's just the knuckles to look at from them. I saw a few posts over on club frontier talking about plating stock Titan lower arms to beef them up, so I may go that route.

Any advice on coilovers? Part of me says don't waste time and go straight for kings instead of radflo's or fox.

bigskypylot

Explorer
Good to know on the DK lower arms. Sounding like it's just the knuckles to look at from them. I saw a few posts over on club frontier talking about plating stock Titan lower arms to beef them up, so I may go that route.

Any advice on coilovers? Part of me says don't waste time and go straight for kings instead of radflo's or fox.

Yeah, I was all hot to get on those DK arms but if they dont give you any extra why waste the $ unless you want bling. Next, where do you live? That will make the decision on the coilovers easier. The Kings are nice but they are meant for a hot and dry climate. Either Radflo or Fox. I had Sway-Away and their playing was terrible. Kings are high maintenance. Can't say anything g about the Icon.

As far as external reservoir vs Internal bypass, I went with the internal as it's easier to dial in. The remote res look cool but a pain to adjust.

Rears, I went from Radflo to the Bils 5165 24" as it has the same compressed length as the 18" Go with 2.0 if you do with Radflo as 2.5 yield less travel and really are a pain to fit.

moderndaynorseman

Yeah, I was all hot to get on those DK arms but if they dont give you any extra why waste the $ unless you want bling. Next, where do you live? That will make the decision on the coilovers easier. The Kings are nice but they are meant for a hot and dry climate. Either Radflo or Fox. I had Sway-Away and their playing was terrible. Kings are high maintenance. Can't say anything g about the Icon.

As far as external reservoir vs Internal bypass, I went with the internal as it's easier to dial in. The remote res look cool but a pain to adjust.

Rears, I went from Radflo to the Bils 5165 24" as it has the same compressed length as the 18" Go with 2.0 if you do with Radflo as 2.5 yield less travel and really are a pain to fit.

I'm up in Alberta, so it can get pretty cold for several months at a time in winter. I'm fairly mechanically savvy, so a yearly seal replacement on shocks/coilovers would not really bother me if the performance was high enough.

bigskypylot

Explorer
I'm up in Alberta, so it can get pretty cold for several months at a time in winter. I'm fairly mechanically savvy, so a yearly seal replacement on shocks/coilovers would not really bother me if the performance was high enough.

I do like the Kings, but I think they are over priced. Radflo are the best bang for the buck. And believe me, I really wanted King

moderndaynorseman

A few updates since my first post.

Got a canopy to keep stuff dry until I get around to doing the bed rack/rtt sometime next summer.

20190905_1827211.jpg

After that I went about replacing the factory stereo with something more modern to get bluetooth functionality, upgrading the speakers at the same time, along with getting new tires all the way around. Went with Duratrac's in 265/75R16 as I had them on my last truck and really liked them.

Next up was a rear seat delete/storage system. The fold down seats are absolutely useless for anyone taller than about two feet tall, so I ripped them out and built this to go in their place. Spent some time designing them in AutoCAD before having a local company cut the panels out with their CNC router to make sure everything was bang on dimensionaly speaking. Built from 1/2" Baltic birch ply with 1x3" to reinforce the lids so they can support a fair bit of weight without flexing. Made the cabinets lockable too (had my last vehicle get broken into and a lot of stuff stolen, wanted to nip that in the bud before it could happen) with the locks themselves hidden under the webbing handles.

20190905_1828553.jpg

Once that was done, I installed a 30" lightbar from Rough Country into the factory bumper until that gets replaced (should be doing that within a couple months.) The bar has a DRL feature which will be great for driving in bad weather where being extra visible to other drivers should help with safety. as well as the usual full blast.

Last up was the DIY mesh grill. I do not like chrome on my vehicles and did not like the look of the factory grill. Couple days worth of trimming the old plastic honeycomb out and replacing it with expanded sheet later, ta da!

20190905_1827432.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles