Nissan Photos - post your's

geordie4x4

Observer
And a photo of some Ausie mates rigs

DSC_9528.jpg

geordie4x4

Observer
You Aussie guys and your Patrols ... wish we could get those here, without importation headaches.

Thanks, I wish we could get the selection of engines you guys have over there. That new V8 diesel Cummins is aparrently headed to go in a Nissan soon, but sadly not here.

Your rigs look prety capable anyway. The Frontier looks like what we have as a Navara and the Xterra looks a lot like a bigger and more capable version of our new model Pathfinder.

The one above looks tough DragonX

skibum315

Explorer
Thanks, I wish we could get the selection of engines you guys have over there. That new V8 diesel Cummins is aparrently headed to go in a Nissan soon, but sadly not here.

Your rigs look prety capable anyway. The Frontier looks like what we have as a Navara and the Xterra looks a lot like a bigger and more capable version of our new model Pathfinder.
Funny you say that about the engines, I've had several conversations with other US based enthusiasts (Steven from Rugged Rocks is a personal friend; and one of those who I've talked with quite a bit, about the international Nissan offerings and how they compare to the US offerings) about how much we want the international/world market diesel motors here in the states (the V9X and TD42t, in particular). I guess the grass is always greener, eh?

I'm excited about the new V8 Cummins ... I hope it does well. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll see it in anything smaller than the Titan (which is the Nissan full-size pickup) ... and likely not until late 2015 as a '16 model. However you may have seen some press about the Diesel Runner Frontier concept that made the rounds of this years' auto shows ... it showcased a smaller Cummins as a design exercise, and to "gauge consumer interest" (what a joke ... if they've been paying any attention in the last few years, they'd know there's interest) in a 'compact' platform diesel pickup.

Our Frontier is essentially the international market Navara, with a few minor differences (not the least of which is the powerplants available) ... but to the point where, my understanding is, anyway, on the current generation ('05-'14) some of the aftermarket bits you all get for the Navara will fit our Frontier; if you're willing to pay shipping to get it here, of course. I think the differences are more, for the 1st gen Frontier, however ...

And the Xterra (N50?), Frontier (D50?) and Pathfinder (R51) from the same model years are all built on the same platform ... they should look similar! Their front-ends are all mechanically identical, even ... and the Titan drivetrain parts (namely the front diff & suspension pieces) will bolt in to the smaller trucks. It's all surrounding the F-Alpha platform ... you can probably find some more info that way, if you're interested. Well, that goes for the '05-'12 years, anyway ... the R52 Pathy that was released for '13 doesn't fit what I'm describing any more.

Last edited:

Russ Kellermann

My overland Rig.... Patrol 4.2Diesel 6 Cylinder N/A Pickup. South Africa.

Couple Pics from here and there.... I can upload more soon,... Enjoy.

Ps: Really glad i found the Expedition Portal... what a forum!

Russ.

Attachments

• DSC06773.JPG
    DSC06773.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC07445.JPG
    DSC07445.JPG
    140.8 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC07680.JPG
    DSC07680.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC08961.JPG