Nissan Photos - post your's

mauricio_28

Adventurer
Yeah, it can be that bad. I actually had to bail out of that "road" because I didn't have M/T tires. The truck behind me was only 4x2...The YD25DDTi diesel engine is a gem. Once the engine is warm you would be hard pressed to identify it as a diesel from its (lack of ) clatter, vibration or the exhaust. Engine braking on descents is brilliant, on 4-lo even sleep-inducing. The best way to describe the low end grunt is the feel of the torquing action in your hand of a power drill turning a tight screw.

Negotiating a muddy "road" in western Flores near the famous Komodo Island. The truck behind me got stuck.
IMG_0320.jpg

Is it really that bad? He should lower the dump box so the front has more weight, assuming thats a 4x4. Anyway sweet nissan. Your lucky you get diesel. North America needs more little trucks with diesels.

Last edited:

Steel_City_X

Here are some of my pictures. I don't get out too much these days.
My claims to fame are the first Xterra (known) up Moab Rim. First Xterra up Mt. Blanca without significant assistance. Curt was first, but had lots of mechanical assistance.

I'm shifting from rockcrawling to more self contained camping this year to attend various music festivals.

From chinamans near Buena Vista CO.
Image-5AC03DCE081F11DDjpg-thumb_269.jpg

Moab: Hells Revenge - Tip-Over-Challenge
Image-5AC09CE2081F11DDjpg-thumb_269.jpg

Trail above JAWS 1 on Mt. Blanca Trail
Image-603BB6C00F9C11DBjpg-thumb_269.jpg

Camping at lake Cuomo near Mt. Blanca - Top of trail
Image-603E72F20F9C11DBjpg-thumb_269.jpg

Moab
Image-5AC078DE081F11DDjpg-thumb_269.jpg

Moab Holiday trip 2006. Lots of Rovers on this trip.
Image-25ED0406B3BB11DBjpg-thumb_269.jpg

Modifications:
Calmini: gears, HD steering, UCA's, sliders
ARB: front & rear lockers,
Skid Row: full skid plates
BFG: 33x10.50 MT KM

Last edited:

Cypher

Full Time Traveler
Hey Oz! Good to see you over here. This is NismoCC from RuggedRocks... I am in love with your X. :drool: The mod'd front bumper is looking really good in action.

OzX

Adventurer
Hey Oz! Good to see you over here. This is NismoCC from RuggedRocks... I am in love with your X. :drool: The mod'd front bumper is looking really good in action.
Hey buddy whats happening? Thanks! Hey you gunna be at 'Pizza Night'?

Cypher

Full Time Traveler
Hey buddy whats happening? Thanks! Hey you gunna be at 'Pizza Night'?

Nah I won't... That is a little bit of a drive for me since I am in Phoenix AZ. We have done that before with Offroad Nissans of Arizona and it was a ton of fun. Some beer, some pizza, good friends, and a couple offroad vidoes makes for a great time.

smurf

howdy from across the pond

just found out about this site/forum and wantes to say Hi and introduce myself :sombrero:

i'm 24 and hooked on offroad since I was born, i have been extremely lucky and in the past few years i was able to go to such amazing countries as Morroco,Tunisia,Senegal,Kenya,Lebanon and a few others doing what I Love...OffRoading:victory:

here are some pics of my current Nissan's (also my cool as hell convertible G Wagen:elkgrin: )

My competition Nissan Terrano (same chassis as the Pathfinder ) those pics where taken right before sending him to the shop for some work it will be a monster after the work is completed

barias012cb3.jpg

barias010vp9.jpg

my other Nissan Terrano but "Road Spec"

14062008124wa1nb7.jpg

dsc03595kb0.jpg

14062008126tx2.jpg

14062008122so4jv0.jpg

14062008118ax1ea4.jpg

continues...

smurf

my Nissan Patrol GR former DD currently in the shop being equipped specificaly for expeditions

dsc03322br8.jpg

barias003640x480vw7.jpg

the Patrol with the GWagen
dsc03324xa3.jpg

and the Patrol with the current DD a Range Rover
dsc03339je8.jpg

I'm here to share and to learn.

all the best

smurf:smiley_drive:

Campfire

Just starting to really enjoy this Forum, and saw the Nissan heading. Here are some old school pics of a poker run I ran with a Jeep Club back in 96. They didn't think I'd make it through, let alone tow a couple guys out of places. The nice thing about the Pathfinder was being able to roll up my windows, turn it to recirc, and listen to the stereo as all the CJ's were sucking the trail dust.

Deer Valley Trail in the Sierra Nevada of California.
boulderFinder.jpg

And those House of Steel rails screemed...
raildragLR.JPG

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Here are a couple of my 2006 Xterra
010.jpg

021.jpg

030-3.jpg
Damn... Now that's the way they should come from the factory!

That is one really nice X you've got there man. Care to give us her measurements???

Cheers

Dave

Edit: So did some kid really jack your grill emblem or am I just pesamistic (sp?) about the state of the modern teenager???

Last edited:

XterraVT

Observer
Here are a few Pics of my X.
IMG_0729_2.jpg

My first extraction
PICT0066.jpg

Rausch Creek
DSC_0367.jpg

Stocker Run this past weekend
StockerRun0004.jpg

ECXC 08 Yellow Jacket
YellowJacket0001_2.jpg

Door #2
DSC00183II.jpg

Still a work in progress

Someday She will grow up to look like Oz's.

BlueX

here is my X

Dry River GWNF
DSC01186.jpg

Outer Banks (Oregon Inlet)
DSC01170.jpg

DSC01173.jpg

My Brother's '08 X & myself Outer Banks last summer
(Carova Beach just north of Corolla, NC)

DSC_0046-1.jpg

Rausch Creek
IMG_4328.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz