Nissan NV

Wallygator

Adventurer
So after it's said and done we are talking over $40,000. Nissan should be able to do it way cheaper. Come on Nissan!!

mortonm

Expedition Leader
I thought I heard somewhere that MB was going to offer the sprinter with some sort of 4WD option in the near future. If that was the case and it sold well it might entice Nissan to make something similar.

Mrknowitall

Adventurer
Fact is that the overall market for a HD van with 4wd is small. As the Transit replaces the E-Van, Quigley will offer a 4wd conversion of that as well. Combined with the 5cyl powerstroke it would make a great overland platform.

Desert Dan

Explorer
I think the market for a factory built reasonably priced 3/4 ton 4x4 cargo and passenger vans would be pretty good.
Think of all the contractors, ski resorts, mining/utility companies in snow and mountain country that would buy them as well as expo types.

It seems like the Titan/Armada Nissan 4x4 parts would be a pretty easy swap?

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
I think the market for a factory built reasonably priced 3/4 ton 4x4 cargo and passenger vans would be pretty good.
Think of all the contractors, ski resorts, mining/utility companies in snow and mountain country that would buy them as well as expo types.

It seems like the Titan/Armada Nissan 4x4 parts would be a pretty easy swap?

By good do you mean maybe selling 20,000 units? A 4wd NV is still a very specialized market, don't get me wrong I'm the expo type that would love a 4wd NV, but I'm young and getting by with a 13 year old pickup that is paid off, so not looking at getting a $30 to $40 grand vehicle anytime soon. In the RVing world that is a bargain but having a custom camping interior would drive the price of that rig well into the $75 to $80 grand territory, still a bargain in the RVing world.

And Yes the Titan and Armada parts should swap with minimal effort (F-Alpha platform; Frontier, Titan, Xterra, Pathfinder 05-12, Armada and Infiniti QX56). Frontiers and Xterras have been doing Titan swaps for years and I just put a transfer case skid on my frontier off of an older first generation Pathfinder. Got to Love Nissans, the few changes in decades of production. Makes there vehicles a little Spartan to start with but not that bad at the parts counter or pick and pull junk yard for the used car market.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior