Nissan NV 4x4?

John E Davies

Adventurer
I've been reading about Quigley's new NV 4wd conversions and they sound interesting. Cost is US$10,895. What I would like to see is a Sportsmobile version of the van with six inch lift, two speed transfer case (the Quigley is single speed), 35 inch tires and off-road goodies..... and the new 5.0 Cummins V8 diesel that is going to be available in the Titan.

Can anyone comment?

http://www.trucktrend.com/roadtests/performance/163_1212_nissan_nv_quigley_4x4_conversion/viewall.html

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/08/20/nissan-titan-turbo-diesel-v8-cummins/

That sure sounds like a fine combination for a powerful yet fuel efficient exploration vehicle.

John Davies
Spokane WA USA

haven

Expedition Leader
Sportsmobile has limited resources. They will have to carefully evaluate the new vans (Nissan NV, Ford Transit, Ram Promaster, Mercedes Sprinter) before choosing to develop an offroad-oriented 4x4 system. Sportsmobile sold Quigley Ford vans for years, so I expect that's what they will offer for the next year or two with the NV.

Quigley is looking at offering a 4x4 conversion for the Transit. The Transit and Sprinter can be purchased with factory 4x4 systems in Europe. A company named Dangel makes a 4x4 conversion for the Promaster (Ducato in Europe). So there's hope that we will have several options for a 4x4 van in the future.

In the meantime, if you want a dual speed transfer case, 35 inch tires and a diesel engine, I'd suggest a used Sportsmobile, or a visit to the U-Joint Off Road web pages.

Clutch

<---Pass
In the meantime, if you want a dual speed transfer case, 35 inch tires and a diesel engine, I'd suggest a used Sportsmobile, or a visit to the U-Joint Off Road web pages.

If you wanted something similar to the Nissan NV (i.e. straight cargo walls) , could use a cutaway.

101990158_1.jpg

Service body might be pretty useful as well.

1FDSE35L58DB13652_002_lg.jpg

Flagster

Expedition Leader
Service body makes living inside very small...
hauling a moto yes...getting your groove on...no

Clutch

<---Pass
Service body makes living inside very small...
hauling a moto yes...getting your groove on...no

Went to Baja with a guy who had F350 crew, service body...went to about level with the cab, with a clamshell roof, could fit three bikes in there...it was pretty
awesome.

Yes, getting your groove on is a problem...tell you the truth rather have tool boxes on the inside.

this one has both...

P1010129.jpg

P1010134.jpg

P1010142.jpg

Clutch

<---Pass
those are service body pics? If so, better than I thought.

no, just a plain jane box van...you "could" get a wide body service body though. still be a little tight...however, with an enclosed box
the top of the tool boxes have shelves on the interior. where I could see a sink/stove/etc installed...

Knock some windows in the side...done.

9926249_j.jpg

9926249_f.jpg

probably just better starting off with a diesel F450 4WD, than a van though

don't even have to bother with a 4WD conversion on the Nissan, when other from the factory 4WD options already exist, be easier and cheaper just to cut open the back of a cab of a truck. if one is wanting
a walk thru.

envision a closed body on this with a walkthru...

could possibly make it a pop-up to keep the roof height low
in travel-mode.

55299894-DA33-4FD7-B5C7-35D829155A92_12.jpg

Last edited:

lhuyviet

A company named Dangel makes a 4x4 conversion for the Promaster (Ducato in Europe). So there's hope that we will have several options for a 4x4 van in the future.

From what I could found on the Web, their conversion is not compatible with ESP and ASR. Not clear, if the compatibility issue is only in 4x4 mode, but if it's not enabled at least in 2WD than it would be an issue with Canadian regulation and I guess with the US one. The price would be in the 10K+.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
I tried to put my eyes on one of these last week, they don't have them at my local dealer. Has to be a commercial dealer and there are none in my area. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a used unit that I may be able to "borrow" for a bit.

dentedvw

Wire twister
Chris, whatever became of this?
Is the IFS front the way to go with this rig?
Can you get this kind of ground clearance with IFS? I ask because I am most familiar with solid axle lifts.

Shocker

VanDOOM!
I saw one today! It is getting outfitted at a shop in Portland called Outside Van. It is a silver NV2500 with the tall top. http://www.outsidevan.com/

I didn't get pics as I wasn't aware that folks were interested in seeing one. It has custom offroad bumpers front and rear, 35" Toyo MT's. Very nice rig. They didn't do the 4x4 conversion, but are doing the camper part. Very high quality work.

I think they said it was converted in Utah. That would make it from Advanced in SLC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94