Nissan NV 4x4 van

turborobo

Observer
Extended Range fuel tank

Co-opski

Yes Dan and the Crew over at Green Tree Fab in anchorage are the best!! Can not say enough good things about those guys!! They were able to solve the 4wd problems on the van with Ease! He also did a bunch of work on my pre runner isn Titan. LOL to be honest i kinda wish I had brought my van conversion to Dan in the first place, probably would have saved me a lot of headache.

Gas Tanks

Also If anyone else is interested in these vans. I has some twin 55 gal gas tanks made the fit on each side of the drive line, same depth as stock tank and uses the stock fuel pumps and sender unit. They were made by Jarrad Bowen at PDX tuning in Portland (https://www.pdxtuning.com ) , he still has all the cad design info, Even if you just want one of the fuel tanks in the stock location that is 55 gal of capacity look him up He would be more than happy to help ya out!!!

Jon

your van looks amazing, Cant wait to see how the rest of the build goes!! please keep updating pictures! I will have to make the long Trek down to The overland Expo one of these years. Gotta Represent the NV off road community! lol all 2 of us :)

Currently doing some research on driving the Dempster Hwy next fall, Would love to know if anyone else here has attempted the trip? Yes iv already searched the portal, I'm just throwing it out in this thread.

the pic with the lake is above Pemberton in BC on the trip home from the Oregon at Outsidevan, The second pic is in Valdez in AK visiting family.

Attachments

• IMG_3215.jpg
    IMG_3215.jpg
    561.6 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_3349.jpg
    IMG_3349.jpg
    588.7 KB · Views: 76

RonapRhys

Adventurer
For what you're doing and spending, it may make sense to look into swapping in an aftermarket or other axle, then building out something to mate it to your drivetrain. Beef things up and get a locker. Given the weight you've got, I dunno if swapping an M226 in there would work - but it might. The plus side of that is that you could get the ARB Air Locker and big compressor to give you OBA as well as actuate the thing.

If not that, swap something else that's standard under there.

Also, what front axle is it running? If it's not the Titan, where are they getting it from?

Jon Nelson

Observer
RonapRhys - the stock NV front axle is sourced from American Axle. The rear is also an American Axle and the NV might be the only vehicle it is used on. So far, no one has sourced a possible lock for the rear. Much less another vehicle is might be also used on. Hopefully someday.

ryandavenport

Adventurer
RonapRhys - the stock NV front axle is sourced from American Axle. The rear is also an American Axle and the NV might be the only vehicle it is used on. So far, no one has sourced a possible lock for the rear. Much less another vehicle is might be also used on. Hopefully someday.

You are correct. I would wait on the release of the new Titan before writing off that rear axle. They'll have to do something different than the M226 for it to hold up to the diesel. If the Titan gets the same axle as the NV, aftermarket support will get much better.

turborobo

Observer
Outside van

Super cool build! Outsidevan does an amazing job.

Outside van is absolutely awesome!!! I know I can come across as an outside van fan boy! It is just so great to finally work with a company that actually goes above and beyond your expectations, and as a lot of us know .... Especially in the automotive world these days .... This is pretty rare. Yes they can be expensive... (depending on your build choices ) however u get what u pay for and then some. Like a porche built by singer..... Expensive .... But unsurpassed elegance and quality.

Once again in case anyone missed the link http://www.outsidevan.com/kodiak.php

turborobo

Observer
You are correct. I would wait on the release of the new Titan before writing off that rear axle. They'll have to do something different than the M226 for it to hold up to the diesel. If the Titan gets the same axle as the NV, aftermarket support will get much better.

My Nissan sales rep told me.... the new Titan should be to our dealership around March! Iv got my fingers crossed they will have the same rear axle. You think it would make sense that they use it since it is already developed.

On another note we have sold several advanced conversion Nissan 4x4 Nv 3500 to remote areas in Alaska. think one of em was for a medical clinic to get to remote patients. So far they are all holding up strong, only thing I have seen break was a single leaky torn
axle boot.

The only reason we went with advanced over quigly was their distance from us in Alaska, shipping from quigly was going to be quite a bit more. We have sold 5 converted vans to date.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles