Nissan’s “Tired Old Styled “Frontier Continues to Surprise Reviewers

Grassland

Considering how old the platform is, it still performs pretty well.
I've wondered why they dropped the Xterra but kept the Frontier so much longer. (By the time so could afford a new Xterra Pro-4X, they were discontinued)
I was disappointed how the Pathfinder evolved into the ugly crossover it is now, but maybe a decent redesign will hit the Frontier seeing how the mid size market took off again.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
And it’s looking even better right now, despite its old age!
Nissan Titan, Frontier Go Dark By Offering Free Midnight Edition

Yah man, Sweeeet!

If you're shopping for a Nissan Frontier or Titan, then it's possible in September to get them extra dark because the company is offering the pickups with a free upgrade to the Midnight Edition, according to Cars Direct. The package generally costs $995 on the Frontier and $1,250 on the Titan.

The Frontier Midnight Edition has a fairly similar recipe of upgrades. There is a gloss black grille, and semi-gloss trim covers the step rails. Dark trim adorns the mirror caps, door handles, and badges. The exterior comes in Magnetic Black, Gun Metallic, and Glacier White.

Even if you don't want these packages, there's still quite a bit of money on the hood of each vehicle, Cars Direct reports. The Frontier is available with a $2,000 rebate, $1,000 bonus cash, and a $500 red tag deal on certain models in inventory. For the Titan, the discounts can total as much as $6,000.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I believe you are correct. But, it's needed. The current face looks like a decade old Suzuki. Believe they are canceling the Cummins option as well.

2012_suzuki_equator_angularfront.jpg

docwatson

Adventurer
Looks like they increased a lot of the standard options and safety features, replaced the 7 speed auto with a 9 spd and the 5.6 now make 400hp/413tq. The tan Pro4x in the press photos looks quite good.

I'll be curious to see prices and EPA figures. Nissan seems to be rolling out a lot of special editions focused on overlanding/offroad like the Destination Frontier Scott reviewed. I think the Titan will be quite good.

Airmapper

Inactive Member
I've wondered why they dropped the Xterra but kept the Frontier so much longer. (By the time so could afford a new Xterra Pro-4X, they were discontinued)

Bad read of the market? Seriously, I hope they fired the guy who said "Lets drop the Xterra, nobody wants a real 4x4 body on frame SUV anymore" right as this segment exploded in popularity and 4Runner's are flying off the lot.

At least we have Frontier's in the unchanged form still. I really like the F-Alpha platform.

Highlander

The Strong, Silent Type
Nah... tundra is way behind in any directions now.
What the new Nissan Titan has got is the modern simplicity. It’s jut right.

Munga Brown

The new Frontier has NOT been released. You guys showed the new Titan.

I’m on my 2nd Frontier 4x4. Had an ‘08 & traded it in on a new ‘19 SV. Needless to say, I love the 2nd generation.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
So here
The new Frontier has NOT been released. You guys showed the new Titan.

Ummm, we knew that.
Okay....So, here’s the helpful map for you...

>>>9/25, this thread started also referring to the Titans too.
Follow ups showed pictures of the Titans.
That altered the discussion flow....some call that “derailing”.
It happens here on ExPo frequently.

Gotta keep your eye on the ball, man, because following some of these threads is about as easy as herding cats.

(But in any event, it’s good ? to see you being an advocate for the Frontiers)

Last edited:

docwatson

Adventurer
I think this thread went to Titans because there really isn't anything more to say about the Frontier. A reliable, truck with offroad capability and not a ton of frills.

That makes for a short thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles