Nimbl Vehicles build thread

Alloy

It's been a while since I've posted here - we've been busy building campers and getting caught up on the service backlog cause by the closure of XPCamper.

Here's our new Victron electrical bay with 400Ah (usable) of LiFePO4. We really like the unified color control that allows you to manage everything.

View attachment 599153

I stopped using aluminum for electrical panels after seeing voltage leaking from the + stud of a BSS battery switch to the mouting bolts. Now I'll mount high amperage components to plastic or plywood. We did a trip in June and the dew could be cut with knife. The metal includeing the case of our Victron Multiplus was wet from condensation but none of the wood or plastic was wet.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
I stopped using aluminum for electrical panels after seeing voltage leaking from the + stud of a BSS battery switch to the mouting bolts. Now I'll mount high amperage components to plastic or plywood. We did a trip in June and the dew could be cut with knife. The metal includeing the case of our Victron Multiplus was wet from condensation but none of the wood or plastic was wet.

As part of our testing/certification we do a DC Hipot test on all our campers (1280V DC for 60sec and 1530V DC for 1 sec), but it won't make sense for most home builders to buy the test equipment necessary for that. Do what makes sense for you!

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Carli makes decent kit for sure, but ICON actually has more offerings for the Super Duty than Carli does so we like the flexibility of the ICON line. I also really like the ICON coilover package for the Super Duty - something Carli doesn't offer.

I'd do more real life testing with Icon before going all in with making them an offering.

They are notorious for needing rebuilds and pissing oil within 20k.

5 folks i know personally have had issues with leaking Icons within 20k

Last edited:

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
I see that Webasto controller in your pic and it appears to be for a dual-top.

Have they re-released the dual tops? That was my original plan, but they seem to have gone extinct and the emails i've exchanged with them havent indicated when the new models will be released.

I'm hoping and waiting

pugslyyy

I see that Webasto controller in your pic and it appears to be for a dual-top.

Have they re-released the dual tops? That was my original plan, but they seem to have gone extinct and the emails i've exchanged with them havent indicated when the new models will be released.

I'm hoping and waiting

Still no Dual Tops, this picture is from an upgrade not a new build. For new builds we are installing an Air Top (heat) and a Thermo Top (hot water) instead of the Dual Top combo unit.

pugslyyy

With 60 some campers in the field we find ourselves doing quite a bit of service and upgrades. One of the more significant upgrades we offer is our comprehensive electrical system refit. We gut the entire electrical bay and install a custom Victron/Blue Sea/Sterling system with BattleBorn LiFePO4 batteries. It's a big, complex upgrade but ends up performing, and looking, amazing.

The Victron Color Control consolidates all the controls and information into one easy to use intelligent display, making monitoring your electrical vitals a snap. You can also monitor and control everything by Bluetooth on your phone or even access and control it via the internet (great for monitoring when stored).

20200730_150012.jpg20200730_150042.jpg
20200730_150934.jpg

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
With 60 some campers in the field we find ourselves doing quite a bit of service and upgrades. One of the more significant upgrades we offer is our comprehensive electrical system refit. We gut the entire electrical bay and install a custom Victron/Blue Sea/Sterling system with BattleBorn LiFePO4 batteries. It's a big, complex upgrade but ends up performing, and looking, amazing.

The Victron Color Control consolidates all the controls and information into one easy to use intelligent display, making monitoring your electrical vitals a snap. You can also monitor and control everything by Bluetooth on your phone or even access and control it via the internet (great for monitoring when stored).

View attachment 602279View attachment 602280
View attachment 602281

Awesome!

The Victron stuff is amazingZLU well made, easy to use and their customer service with questions is awesome!

Had it in my last 2 trucks, and putting it in this one too.. top notch

ScottPC

Will the Nimbl Evolution fit on a F350 SuperCrew with short bed or does it hang over the cab too much?

I'm curious about a Nimble (or frankly anything using a N/S queen bed configuration over cab) on a Regular Cab truck. I'm not seeing anyone doing this configuration and seems like the shorter wheel base would be a benefit. Any thoughts on this? Are there DMV considerations regarding overhang that I may be unaware of?

ScottPC

I'm curious about a Nimble (or frankly anything using a N/S queen bed configuration over cab) on a Regular Cab truck. I'm not seeing anyone doing this configuration and seems like the shorter wheel base would be a benefit. Any thoughts on this? Are there DMV considerations regarding overhang that I may be unaware of?
Not sure about the DMV regs, but N/S is an important criteria for me too (among a few others). I do believe with Nimbl it's East - West but has ample space above the mattress for easier maneuvering when compare with other popups. HallmarkRV in Colorado offers a legitimate N/S and a few others offer a slide out extension to make a temporary N/S.

I remember seeing this a while back and thought it was an interesting configuration. Though I would probably put a storage box or tire carrier space behind the cab to move the overhang back a couple of feet.

1611946864981.png

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz