Nimbl Vehicles build thread

con kso

Adventurer
Thanks for the reply. When Don Beni, the shop owner in La Paz, saw how the cross member was made he told me that the forged aluminum was strong enough but that the design was bad - it should have been boxed the whole way. I am certain you've remedied that particular weakness in design.

Regarding the airbags - XP installed off the shelf Firestone RideRite airbags spec-ed for F350 (I've since had the upper air bag bracket/mounts modified so the bags are in a much more vertical alignment. It's just a wacked out design by Firestone, I've put the same airbags on my old Tundra and on a T100 the airbag was always directly under the axle - they've just done it strangely for the F350... at least in my experience since I can't find anybody else with an F350 who's installed airbags.

After having one of my airbags come out of the daystar cradle and wedge between the tire and flatbed skirt, I went to Deaver Suspension in Anaheim and had them install a proper spring pack, I kept the airbags to trim the load when I've got a moto on the back. I like it aired up for the road (no sway, handles great) and then I will drop down to 5psi or so when I go offroad. It's worked well so far.

Best of luck with your business, as I said before you're starting with a great design and it sounds like you're making some substantial upgrades. Finally, I'm happy to see you're not on the diesel truck bandwagon. After 40+ years of traveling Baja with both diesel and gas vehicles I am CERTAIN you've made the best choice by going with a gas powered vehicle... for many reasons that I'm sure you already know.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Thanks!

I've never heard anything other than praise for the work Deaver does (and I have their springs on my Fuso). We use a company local to us (Sacramento) to rework our suspensions and they also do really good work.

yb0815

Today we are excited to unveil our custom water filtration and purification solution which will be exclusively available on the Nimbl Evolution camper range. This on-demand 12VDC water disinfection system is instantly and automatically available to deliver palatable, potable water throughout.

We worked with Guzzle H2O and Aquisense to come up with what we believe to be the gold standard. It is designed to use standard 10 inch filters (available at any hardware store) and incorporates the worlds only LED ultraviolet-C disinfection system.

Now all the water in your camper can be safe for human consumption (not just the water from a separate little dispenser).

View attachment 587233
This is an awesome idea. Will you make this available to purchase to the public?

pugslyyy

This is an awesome idea. Will you make this available to purchase to the public?
Currently our plan is to offer it on new campers and as a retrofit for existing customers, not sell as a standalone. GuzzleH2O will be happy to sell you their Stealth (which our system is based on).

pugslyyy

It's been a while since I've posted here - we've been busy building campers and getting caught up on the service backlog cause by the closure of XPCamper.

Here's our new Victron electrical bay with 400Ah (usable) of LiFePO4. We really like the unified color control that allows you to manage everything.

electrical bay small.jpg

control panel - small.jpg

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Saw on your website you use ICON as your suspension. Is there a reason you went with ICON over a brand like Carli that specializes in heavy duty truck suspension? Not knocking on ICON as I'm sure they're great but when I think ICON I think 1/2 truck/SUV or smaller.

pugslyyy

Saw on your website you use ICON as your suspension. Is there a reason you went with ICON over a brand like Carli that specializes in heavy duty truck suspension? Not knocking on ICON as I'm sure they're great but when I think ICON I think 1/2 truck/SUV or smaller.

Carli makes decent kit for sure, but ICON actually has more offerings for the Super Duty than Carli does so we like the flexibility of the ICON line. I also really like the ICON coilover package for the Super Duty - something Carli doesn't offer.

gregmchugh

Observer
It's been a while since I've posted here - we've been busy building campers and getting caught up on the service backlog cause by the closure of XPCamper.

Here's our new Victron electrical bay with 400Ah (usable) of LiFePO4. We really like the unified color control that allows you to manage everything.

View attachment 599153

View attachment 599154

Looking good. I am trying to read the labels on the four 12 volt circuits on the top right. I see the water pump at the top and some other pumps. What are the 3 lower circuits?

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Carli makes decent kit for sure, but ICON actually has more offerings for the Super Duty than Carli does so we like the flexibility of the ICON line. I also really like the ICON coilover package for the Super Duty - something Carli doesn't offer.

Good to know thanks for the info!

pugslyyy

Looking good. I am trying to read the labels on the four 12 volt circuits on the top right. I see the water pump at the top and some other pumps. What are the 3 lower circuits?
Here's a closer view. Because we were upgrading a customer to LiFePO4 and the new Victron electrics, this is the "old style" panel that was used on the XPCamper. The Nimbl Evolution panel is a slightly different layout.

electrical circuits.jpg

pugslyyy

The sump pump is for grey water?
Is there a macerator for a black tank? No cassette toilet?
No black tank - it is a cassette toilet. Gray water drains from the sink and shower into a sump, which then pumps it into the gray water tank- and the macerator is for pumping out the gray water tank.

Changes in the Nimbl Evolution eliminate the need for both pumps, everything is a gravity drain system now.

gregmchugh

Observer
No black tank - it is a cassette toilet. Gray water drains from the sink and shower into a sump, which then pumps it into the gray water tank- and the macerator is for pumping out the gray water tank.

Changes in the Nimbl Evolution eliminate the need for both pumps, everything is a gravity drain system now.

Got it, KISS...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94