Nimbl Vehicles build thread

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
I'm curious about a Nimble (or frankly anything using a N/S queen bed configuration over cab) on a Regular Cab truck. I'm not seeing anyone doing this configuration and seems like the shorter wheel base would be a benefit. Any thoughts on this? Are there DMV considerations regarding overhang that I may be unaware of?

The photo Semiquixotic posted is of the first prototype V1 - there haven't been many built on regular cabs, most are on crew cabs. I think it looks a little awkward on the regular cab, but there's no regulations that preclude using one. The queen bed is an E/W.

AdventureTim

With 60 some campers in the field we find ourselves doing quite a bit of service and upgrades. One of the more significant upgrades we offer is our comprehensive electrical system refit. We gut the entire electrical bay and install a custom Victron/Blue Sea/Sterling system with BattleBorn LiFePO4 batteries. It's a big, complex upgrade but ends up performing, and looking, amazing.

Genuinely interested - is there a reason you didn't use batteries with internal monitoring, like the Victron SmartLithium or a CANbus Lithium? I've been going back and forth about this for my next build as my current Victron-based consumption monitoring solution only gives a partial view as to what's going on, and won't shut off the battery charging in below-freezing temps.

pugslyyy

Genuinely interested - is there a reason you didn't use batteries with internal monitoring, like the Victron SmartLithium or a CANbus Lithium? I've been going back and forth about this for my next build as my current Victron-based consumption monitoring solution only gives a partial view as to what's going on, and won't shut off the battery charging in below-freezing temps.
All we really need to do is throw power at the Battle Borns - their internal BMS handles everything and they back it up with a 10 year warranty.

mikehood

What awning did you guys put on the nimbl in the expedition portal story? I like how it is mounted on the back and stops short of the door on the passenger side.

pugslyyy

What awning did you guys put on the nimbl in the expedition portal story? I like how it is mounted on the back and stops short of the door on the passenger side.
Thanks!

We couldn't find an off-the-shelf product that had the features we were looking for, so we build these in-house.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz