Nicely built Disco II, Seattle

2004 Discovery SD, low miles and nicely modified.

"Expo white." Desirable 2004 model with 4.6L engine and CDL. SD model means durable tan vinyl interior and no leaky sunroofs.

Only 26xxx miles. CPO until 3/6/2010 or 62K miles.

$16,000. Located in Seattle.

Mod list:

• Bearmach front winch bumper
• T-Max winch – EW 10000HD with wired remote. Cable never unspoiled.
• SlickRock Fabrications steel rocker sliders
• Trek rear bumper with rocker protection
• Land Rover class III hitch with wiring harness
• RTE 3 “ lift, including panhard rod extension, modified watts linkage, extended ABS links, stainless steel brake lines, and upper and lower spring retainers
• Bilstein 7100 remote reservoir shocks
• SlickRock front sway bar disconnects
• RTE differential guards
• GBR HD front driveshaft
• 265/75/16 Hercules mud tires (5) on factory alloys with lots of tread
• Odyssey PC2150 battery
• K&N drop in air filter

• Uniden Pro520XL CB mounted in headliner, w/ Firestick antenna mounted on tire carrier. Very clean installation.
• Land Rover OEM dog/cargo barrier
• Full set of Rover OEM rubber mats
• Professional window tint at 35% all around

Other extras:
• Brass differential fill plugs from Expedition Exchange
• Front license plate bracket that clips to roller fairlead
• SilBlade silicone wiper blades
• Spare tire relocator to accommodate larger tire on rear
• 2 HD shackles for front bumper
• The rear driveshaft Rotoflex is in good condition. I’ll throw in a spare new Rotoflex.

I also have a rack and Fiamma awning on the roof that won’t be included in the sale, other than possibly the “high foot” Thule crossbars (3) as I don’t have use for them on my other vehicles.

I’m the 3rd owner. This was originally an Atlanta, GA vehicle that the first owner traded in with only 4,093 miles on the clock. 2nd owner did most of the modifications and I bought it with 17,631 miles on it and shipped it to Seattle from Virginia in August 2007. I have all maintenance and mod records dating back to the 2nd owner’s purchase date.

I love the truck and it does what I wanted – drives in comfort for long distances on the highway and handles any off road driving I care to do when I get there. We’ve added a toddler to the family and, after doing the Oregon Route of Discovery last summer and a trip to Utah recently, I’ve decided I want something to camp in rather than having to set up a tent every day. I also can’t really use this as a daily driver because it doesn’t fit in my parking garage at work, and I have a Tacoma, so I’ve decided the sensible thing to do is sell the Disco and get a Sportsmobile or similar in a couple of years. I want it to go to a home where it will be used as intended.

The only issue on the truck is the front driveshaft has a CV-joint problem, but that will be fixed before sale.

This is maybe a $10-11K truck without mods. With all the mods, I think $16,000 is a fair price for the right buyer. No low ball offers, please.

I’m willing to consider delivery in the Western US if the buyer pays for gas from Seattle and a one way plane ticket home. Shipping isn’t too bad, though. It cost me about 1200 to get it to Seattle from VA when I bought it.

I'll provide more specific pics anyone is interested in seeing on request. One photo here is last month at the Golden Spike site in Utah, and there's a basic front and rear shot.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Utah_Rover3.jpg
    Utah_Rover3.jpg
    597.3 KB · Views: 842
  • Front.JPG
    Front.JPG
    620.1 KB · Views: 490
  • Rear.JPG
    Rear.JPG
    645.1 KB · Views: 397
Last edited:

Gone2Baja

Adventurer
Hi, you have a nicely built rig! Could you snap a few more pictures of both the interear and exterior.
I live in AZ and need to find out what the fee's would be, taxes smog plates and any other dmv fees.

Thanks, Mark
mark2u@cox.net

pnorvell

Adventurer
BUMP for a nice truck!! Man, that's a steal for whoever end up buying it. Best of luck with the sale!

Peter

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
A year ago I would have been all over this, but now the stoopit federal inspections here in Canada won't let "modified" ( lifted ) trucks in.:drool:

andyrad

Adventurer
Redthies, when did the no modified trucks thing come in. I brought back a lifted disco 2 that was OBVIOUSLY modified in Feb 08, no hassles at Canadian Tire for the fed inspection.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I was shopping for a truck this past Jan and luckily, the fed inspector at the local Can tire is a friend. I showed him the diesel I found in Oregon and asked him what he would be looking at come inspection time. He showed me recent paperwork from RIV stating "if this vehicle is modified in any way you must contact us at once!" He also showed me paperwork from the same week without that note on it. He said that the import laws only allow stock vehicles unless the 15 years is past. You can bring in pretty much anything if it doesn't need the fed inspection, but they are now asking about mods at the initial border inspection. If the customs officer suspects mods, your RIV form will have the "note" on it. A bit too much of a crap shoot for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles