Nice German 80 series

AMSarge

Observer
Talked to this nice German couple in the Wal Mart parking lot in Bend, OR today. They have quite the extensive travel history. Currently they are on their way east heading towards Hells Cannon then Sturgis working toward the east coast and then Canada for the winter. If you see them along their travels say hi.

pic.php

pic.php

pic.php

laxtoy

Adventurer
wonder if they want a surrogate son? man, that is utterly awesome, sometimes i curse the fact i was born in the us, but then i think it's all the individual. if only.

Momrocks

Adventurer
I really admire their lifestyle and determination to have it. They are an inspiration. Thanks for posting the glimpse. I love the functional add-ons to the 80 (window screens and rack ladder).

That collection of various wheels/tires looks a lot like my garage.

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
Interesting to note that they may have already experienced plenty of flats/tire trouble, or they are prepared for it. I count a total of four spare tires.

Momrocks

Adventurer
Interesting to note that they may have already experienced plenty of flats/tire trouble, or they are prepared for it. I count a total of four spare tires.

Don't forget the right side of the trailer, there is at least one spare tire mounted above the fender sporting a really aggressive set of chains. :Wow1:

BiG BoB

Adventurer
4 spares isn't really excessive.... I have 2 with me everywhere I go and a few extra if I'm worried about the terrain.

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
I didn't mean to imply they have too many spares, on the contrary, that they are prepared.

4 spares isn't really excessive.... I have 2 with me everywhere I go and a few extra if I'm worried about the terrain.

Wander

Expedition Leader
Forgot to ask if it was a diesel.[/QUOTE]

I spotted a " VX" on the back which I think makes it a diesel 5sp.

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
I used to get flat tires ALL the time, now maybe a puncture every 18 months or so and I do I think a well-above-average-here amount of off-highway miles, it seems as though tires in the last 8 years or so became so much more reliable.

With a relative ease of plugging and changing, I wonder why the need for so many?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles