Nice 4x4 Ambulance

ovrland6250

Looks clean. If you Google the sellers email address daveclarkconnect@gmail.com a few other 4x4 vans/rv's come up for sale (or have been sold). In the YouTube video @ 1:27 it just says "got my standard 4 wheel drive conversion".

Here is one of the ad's that comes up:

Anyone know anything about these 4x4 conversions? Being that these vehicles are always for sale in San Diego I have a creeping suspicion that they are sent down to Javier Crow for 4x4 then spruced up for sale back in SD. Am I wrong? I cant tell much from the video.

Smooth Operator

Looks clean. If you Google the sellers email address daveclarkconnect@gmail.com a few other 4x4 vans/rv's come up for sale (or have been sold). In the YouTube video @ 1:27 it just says "got my standard 4 wheel drive conversion".

Here is one of the ad's that comes up:

Anyone know anything about these 4x4 conversions? Being that these vehicles are always for sale in San Diego I have a creeping suspicion that they are sent down to Javier Crow for 4x4 then spruced up for sale back in SD. Am I wrong? I cant tell much from the video.

What's up with Javier and his conversions?

bcnaz

Observer
Both those are signature Javier - he does that signature bottom ramp on the front bumper, and you can see on both of them how upper track bar mount looks suspect.

What's up is they are done down in TJ with significant quality issues like mismatched gears, dry diffs, radius arm & upper track bar mounts with problematic welds/mounting, paint that fails w/in a year...

Buyer beware -

ovrland6250

For anyone interested in the Crow conversion problems you can check out this link:

No personal experience but the general consensus on the internet is that these Crow conversions are something to be researched/considered. U-Joint Off Road even has a "De Crow" package.

MSD

Well Known Xplor’r
All Javier/crows van are built in Tijuana by Halcon racing, others who have started using them as well is San Diego based McNeil racing this guy who just joined to market this van (Dave Clark). Anything built by Halcon for anyone either Javier Crows, Mcneil or others should be avoid... Biggest issue with these are the welds and geometry. This guy is a flipper (which is fine) but buyers that know the rep of the 4x4 conversion will walk... All the vans he's sold have been Halcon (https://halconracing.com/services/) same bumers, racks, ladders and such... I'd steer clear due to safety issues.

Last edited:

Rockey709

I recently discovered that the seller of these “possibly questionable” rigs lives three houses from me. I’m happy to go be an impartial judge or get you more pics. Just
pM me. He has a desert type 7 ambo, a sportsmobile creation and this van ambo now. Pretty good looking driveway if you ask me. I can’t speak to the quality though. I have some experience on a converted ambulance. Check out my “kaiju” Build blog on here. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior