Next Question: Diesel vs. Gas F350

Clutch

<---Pass
My super crew was ~32,000 out the door. They had 10-12 of them on the lot at the time.

Seems that the 2.7 is the most popular here on the lots here. Usually in the low 30's with 4WD. Though I only look at the Regular/Super Cabs...really no need for a crew cab for us...but having that extra in-cab storage would be nice.

https://www.corwinfordnampa.com/new-inventory/index.htm

https://www.mountainhomeford.net/new-inventory/index.htm?gvModel=F-150

https://www.kendallfordofmeridian.c...ntory-listing1-facet-anchor-normalDriveLine-0

Clutch

<---Pass
I'd love to test drive a loaded Fuso. But now we're in F550 flat bed price range. And I need wheelbase stability more than off road., and a back seat.

My idea of heaven is a little 6.5 camper, no overhang, and some tents if it's more than the two of us. Tow a TT with it if I really need room.

One of my moto buddies has a box truck Fuso...only paid $18K for it used. He is one of those bare bones simple salt of the earth kind of guys. Since we all tend just to drive to the trail head, and use the bikes to go exporing...no need for 4WD. Thing is like a rolling garage. Packs at least 4 bikes, tool boxes, and all the camp gear...and still has room left over. He uses it for longer trips. But also has a Subaru Forester, Nissan Pathfinder and a Toyota pickup for quickie day/weekend trips. Probably has the same amount of money into those 4 vehicles that some people pay for one.

For me a 6.5 bed extra cab seems to work best for me. Kicking around the idea of having OVRLND campers build me one that I could fit a bike into. So I can ditch having to tow a trailer...don't mind trailers, as I have been towing them for years...but they are pain in the ass on wash boards.

Something like this.

IMG_0852_2-L.jpg

Extend the rear of it back to clear the back tire, so I don't have to get a 8' bed. Of course a bigger rear hatch to load a bike.

alutops_toyota_37.jpg

Last edited:

Wallygator

Adventurer
Ok so here is a good example about price proportions between the F150 xl V6 and the F350 xl 6.2 V8......two completely different trucks as far as capability goes. This is only two of the many options. They rip off half ton buyers!

F150
crew cab option- $6540
4x4 option- $3510

F350
crew cab option- $3600
4x4 option- $2805

Just ridiculous! THEY USE THE SAME CABS! and it costs $2940 more for the F150 cab vs the F350 cab??? An you can't tell me the independent front 4x4 system cost is $705 more than a Dana 60 built solid front axle with all the huge over built hardware attached to it, stronger transfer case, etc.....no way..... This is before adding a legit engine option to the F150......just no comparison and again the manufacturers are ripping off half ton and midsize buyers.

I have zero doubts that the IFS cost more to build than the 60 year old design, that has fewer parts, under the Super Duty. In fact, there is not a huge difference,cost wise, to build the two trucks. The difference is just steel, which is cheap.

The current F150 can come equipped to easily tow and haul what yesterdays 3/4 ton struggled to drag up a hill. In fact it's not uncommon to see a F150 towing more than 3/4 ton trucks.

Also, you can get an F150 with a 9.75" rear end... that's pretty damn beefy and will out last damn near any owner.
My dad can beat up your dad. Hilarious. I'm not arguing. Simply my opinion is that half ton and mid size trucks consumers are being ripped off...I drive a 2016 Toyota 4 runner

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Wallygator

Adventurer
Why is the F150 CC option so much? It's the same cab. Is this a package deal or misprint? Like does it automatically bump you to Lariat trim or something on the 150's?
Nope. Both xl trucks. Go on the site and do it. Both base model trucks from a reg cab to a crew cab. The f150 base comes with a v6 normally aspirated.

Clutch

<---Pass
Simply my opinion is that half ton and mid size trucks consumers are being ripped off...I drive a 2016 Toyota 4 runner

I waffle back and forth between all three, since like you said, you can get so much more truck for nearly the same price. Though a 3/4-1 Ton is a bit over kill. It is the fuel economy of the Super Duty's that keeps me looking at the midsize-1/2 tons. I drive 25K a year. Over the course of 10 years...I would save $25-30K in fuel alone.

Have kicked around the idea of getting a commuter car plus a truck for doing truck stuff. But you never really save any money doing that, and usually the truck just sits taking up space. Better just to have one do-it-all vehicle. At least according to my calculator.

If that Ranger gets 25 mpg hwy, and could be had for sub $30K for a "basic" 4WD...might be the cat's meow.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Ranger xl, Fx4 elocker, skid plates, stx is 35,200. 500 more for the tow package.

32,000 stripped xl 4x4 cc.

D

Deleted member 9101

My dad can beat up your dad. Hilarious. I'm not arguing. Simply my opinion is that half ton and mid size trucks consumers are being ripped off...I drive a 2016 Toyota 4 runner

Depends on how you look at it... the Super Duty owners are paying thousands more for a few hundred dollars worth if extra metal. ?

D

Deleted member 9101

Seems that the 2.7 is the most popular here on the lots here. Usually in the low 30's with 4WD. Though I only look at the Regular/Super Cabs...really no need for a crew cab for us...but having that extra in-cab storage would be nice.

https://www.corwinfordnampa.com/new-inventory/index.htm

https://www.mountainhomeford.net/new-inventory/index.htm?gvModel=F-150

https://www.kendallfordofmeridian.c...ntory-listing1-facet-anchor-normalDriveLine-0

Dude... the interior space on the super crew is insane. I can comfortably seat 5 adults and nobody is cramped. If you fold up the back seat it has tons of floor space.

Clutch

<---Pass
Ranger xl, Fx4 elocker, skid plates, stx is 35,200. 500 more for the tow package.

32,000 stripped xl 4x4 cc.

When I did the build on the website it came in under $30K.

No need for a locker or skid plates. (factory skids are always lame anyways) Have a locker now and rarely use it. Tow package from the factory is just a reciever hitch. Can do aftermarket for $100...and another $40-50 for a plug and play wiring harness. No need to spend $500.

Ford always does incentives (unlike Toyota)....willing to bet a year after the Ranger is out, you can get it closer to $25K.

Screen Shot 2018-09-16 at 2.57.39 PM.png

Dude... the interior space on the super crew is insane. I can comfortably seat 5 adults and nobody is cramped. If you fold up the back seat it has tons of floor space.

I know, it is huge! Can fit a bicycle in there with ease.

2015_ford_f-150_det_lt_206151_717.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 9101

When I did the build on the website it came in under $30K.

No need for a locker or skid plates. (factory skids are always lame anyways) Have a locker now and rarely use it. Tow package from the factory is just a reciever hitch. Can do aftermarket for $100...and another $40-50 for a plug and play wiring harness. No need to spend $500.

Ford always does incentives (unlike Toyota)....willing to bet a year after the Ranger is out, you can get it closer to $25K.

View attachment 473085

I know, it is huge! Can fit a bicycle in there with ease.

2015_ford_f-150_det_lt_206151_717.jpg

2019 you'll be able to get a Limited F150 with the Raptor motor.... that will be all kinds of fun when the light turns green ??

Clutch

<---Pass
2019 you'll be able to get a Limited F150 with the Raptor motor.... that will be all kinds of fun when the light turns green ??

That is all I need...already had my license suspended once when I was a teen for drag racing. Now that I am in the mid-life crisis stage of life....need to stay away from that kind of stuff... ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz