Next Question: Diesel vs. Gas F350

STREGA

Explorer
I find myself taking the long way home more often than not so I don't have to sit in traffic and fuss with the clutch....I like to give a little room between me in the vehicle front so I can just idle along...of course someone always shoots into that extra space.

Herniated my L5 in '14...horrible sciatica down my left leg for about 1.5 years...clutching it sure sucked during that time.

getting old does suck...

Have an auto Trooper with captain's chairs...it is like driving a lazy boy...if I wasn't worried about my wife frying my clutch in the truck (or wrecking it) (*her driving kinda scares me)...would swap vehicles with her.

*before someone gives me a hard time about that comment. That isn't being sexist, she is a great driver...but kinda hard on vehicles...where I baby them.

If your not runnin for some public office you should be OK.....

Hear you guys on back injuries, getting old and clutches. Back in '86 I was in a head-on collision hit by a woman driving while having a epileptic seizure and ended up with a back injury that has caused me problems off and on ever since. Also had a herniated disc in '05.

Like a lot of people here I learned how to drive a stick before I ever drove a slush box and definitely prefer a manual transmission over a auto. But along with all the injuries, old age and the fact that automatics are light years ahead of what they were back in the day I don't see me ever buying another vehicle with a manual again (famous last words?). My last vehicle I drove with a manual was a school bus, drove it for 5 years and it was a hoot to drive compared to the buses with automatics not to mention it just performed better in just about every situation. The only time it sucked was on a activity run and got caught up in a bad traffic jam which became a quite painful situation.

Anyway off topic here so my opinion on gas or diesel would be if your towing heavy weights and fairly often get a diesel if not go for a gasser, life will be much easier.

Clutch

<---Pass
If your not runnin for some public office you should be OK.....

Ha ha

Hear you guys on back injuries, getting old and clutches. Back in '86 I was in a head-on collision hit by a woman driving while having a epileptic seizure and ended up with a back injury that has caused me problems off and on ever since. Also had a herniated disc in '05.

Like a lot of people here I learned how to drive a stick before I ever drove a slush box and definitely prefer a manual transmission over a auto. But along with all the injuries, old age and the fact that automatics are light years ahead of what they were back in the day I don't see me ever buying another vehicle with a manual again (famous last words?). My last vehicle I drove with a manual was a school bus, drove it for 5 years and it was a hoot to drive compared to the buses with automatics not to mention it just performed better in just about every situation. The only time it sucked was on a activity run and got caught up in a bad traffic jam which became a quite painful situation.

Anyway off topic here so my opinion on gas or diesel would be if your towing heavy weights and fairly often get a diesel if not go for a gasser, life will be much easier.

I learned to drive a stick in a 70's F350 dump. Yeah that whole back injury was a little unsettling...it has been screwed up since I was 14 or 15....messed it up lifting rail road ties. In '14 when it herniated...I couldn't walk for more than a 1/2 mile...that went on for a 1.5 years...thought that was it. Was going to have to give up the manual, the dirt bike, bicycle, etc...better now. So part of me still wants to keep the manual..because I don't know how much longer I will be able to do it. Backs are funny...will be fine one day...turn over in bed the next and it goes out.

The little Toyota has been feeling cramped lately...only thing out there that is bigger with a manual is a Ram diesel, would like bigger, but really don't need nor want a diesel. Beat the crap out of myself on the dirt bikes, kinda thinking it would be nice to sit back and relax after the ride. Really liking the F150's ...last time I test drove one...thought to myself..."wow" this is a nice truck...and gets better gas mileage than my teeny tiny Toyota. How is that possible!? ;) :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles