Newbie with Fuso FG

jappie

Hello everyone !
Just to introduce myself,
My name is Jean-Pierre, living in the Montreal region, french Quebecois, still making progress in English :)
Last Friday, Friday the 12, I bought a 2012 Fuso FG 4x4, with 6500 km on it ! It was used for carrying Dynamite on site, and on the last 2 years, it was not used very much, so the company decided to get rid of it. The dynamite Cube was removed .
Drove 300 km to get home, was a rough ride ! got some engine SYS fault mid way, but it disappeared afterwards. I will check the code later.

JP

Attachments

• PA120007.JPG
    PA120007.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 107
  • PA120008.JPG
    PA120008.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 104

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Firstly... welcome and well done on your new purchase.
Given that you currently have a bare chassis, my advice would be to give it a thorough clean and after that follow up with a good anti corrosive treatment.
That will put you in good stead for many years to come.
I'd also check to see if all of the recalls have been done, as there have been a few issues with the Duonic.

jappie

Thank you SkiFreak

The PO told me he had done all the recalls, but I'll check anyhow, like you said !
Went to the car wash this morning !

JP

jappie

now that I have a 2012 Fuso, I hear that they are lemon......lots of recalls, class action etc
oh boy

JP

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
I hear that they are lemon......
I don't know how to take the negative reports on this model.
As with most reporting, there is a heavy bias towards the negative, rather than the positive.

There are members in this forum that have this model and have said they are happy with its performance. Some of them may chime in here, so if you have any specific questions, I guess you could ask them.

kerry

Expedition Leader
Most of us here would prefer someone hammer our backs with sledgehammers rather than ride in an unloaded FG, so you are lucky to have survived. :) Search on Aeon Rubbers for a quick solution to part of that problem.

jappie

hello

When I take a look under my truck, I can see that a transmission oil filter has been installed as per the attached Service Bulletin, but does this mean that the transmission has been replaced also ? I could phone the dealer but it's too late tonight....

JP

Attachments

• 15-004A.pdf
    941 KB · Views: 25

dlh62c

Explorer
No, but your dealer would know for sure. Its my understanding that dealers don't repair the Duonic transmissions, they swap them out. Ask your dealer to see what they say. There's a BIG emission recall working its way though dealers on the 2012/2013 trucks now.

If I recalled correctly, at one time there was Duonic failures resulting from manufacturing debris inside the transmission. It could have been added as a precautionary measure.

If the Duonic isn't growling and throwing codes, all should be well.

Last edited:

jappie

Started the truck last week for the first time since october.....I had drained the DEF tank in october, it goes down to -25 C here in the winter, so refilled the tank with fresh DEF and started right away !
Then came the first fault 22-18, " pressure in crankcase is too low" , which I had last year ( intermittent ) and had managed to erase. I did some trouble-shooting as per service manual, so I opened / close the oil cap and ran to 4000 rpm for 2 minutes ( PCV filter regeneration ) ....the only easy thing I could do. Anyway , the 22-18 fault never came back. Good !

Later that week, I started the truck again, the Amber "ENG SYS" came on with the SCR lamp, with the fault 1254-31 " NOX concentration too high "....hmmm after running at 4000 rpm earlier....hmmm. Can't erase the fault now... Service manual suggest to do a manual DPF regeneration, but can't do it in that state ( amber ENG SYS ), service manual says to run additional 15 minutes to get the RED ENG SYS and then you will be able to do the regeneration....guess what, unable to perform that + the buzzer is now on all the time , plus a new fault 520557-31 ....SCR 3 fault.....

At that point, I'm pretty sure I need a dealer with the 5000 $ Fuso Connect box to clear the faults.
Any suggestions ? cleaning the NOX sensor ? checking the DEF doser if its clogged ?

Fuso 2012.....
JP

gait

Explorer
not sure about your 2012. On my 2005 there are two wires with connectors, labeled "Diag Check" and "Mem Clear". Various combinations of disconnecting those wires show current code, last 5 codes by blinking the red engine light, and clear codes.

jappie

not sure about your 2012. On my 2005 there are two wires with connectors, labeled "Diag Check" and "Mem Clear". Various combinations of disconnecting those wires show current code, last 5 codes by blinking the red engine light, and clear codes.
hi
Everything happens in the Meter cluster, you can make the fault code appears and then erase them, but some codes needs the dealer Fuso Box.

Attachments

• BBD-2013-Code-Extraction-Via-IP.pdf
    273.8 KB · Views: 20

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke