Newbie moving to the USA

Jwestpro

Explorer
More Baas!

In Arlington. Always ready to throw something on the braai.

There is a group of trail drivers who meet monthly for drinks and dinner. They even have links to the local Land Rover groups.

Who's the favorite/best land rover tech in the area there? I have a 2004 at a friend's house that needs the ABS diagnosed to remove the 3 dash warning lights associated with that system. I found tow places, one down near where 95N runs into the 495 beltway and the 395 spur, little northeast of there I think. The other one was up north maybe into MD across the river on the NW side 495.

Would be cool to meet up next time in about a month when I'm back again.

SolPlaatje

Arrived two weeks ago. Life feels a blur at present, with everything having to happen at the same time. After much deliberation, we are back on track, with a LR4 in mind. Spotted a 2010 LR4 under $30k. Will do a test-drive soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

silvElise

Adventurer
Welcome to the US.

While I realize Land Rovers are an addiction, and I don't want to get into a debate with people on the values or lack thereof in the Brand, you will find the US lacks in Rover spare parts and service facilities. You will also find vehicles, vehicle repair, and parts to be expensive. Might be time for a Toyota or a Jeep.

Normally I would say this is sound advice, but VA area happens to have a great group of rover owners and few great shops to get repairs and parts from.

Ray_G

Explorer
Arrived two weeks ago. Life feels a blur at present, with everything having to happen at the same time. After much deliberation, we are back on track, with a LR4 in mind. Spotted a 2010 LR4 under $30k. Will do a test-drive soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome to the US and the special place that is Northern VA; as Danny and some others have pointed out where you live there will have a dramatic effect on quality of life but that ship has already sailed. On the upside the Land Rover community in that area is very strong and filled with all kinds of great accents so you definitely need to jump into the crew at some point. Here's the focal point: http://www.defendersource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23645&referrerid=3503

I wouldn't suggest trying to wade through the thread, best to go to a couple of happy hours and get to know the crew first and then work your way back through all the ********** talking and absurd dialogue. The link up is pretty easy: every 3rd thursday at a really awful pseudo dive bar called Kilroys (unless plate tectonics shift and they move it), which is just off 495 near the Springfield interchange so it is fairly easy to get to for most.

Difficult to understate how good the LR community is in that area, I legitimately miss that aspect of things-but will return!
r-
Ray

SolPlaatje

ff8ecb14d320512d0b7a04fd1dc9521c.jpg

Its taken a while, but finally pulled the trigger just in time for 2021 to start. This rolled up yesterday in my driveway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles