Newbie here w/his first off road trailer

old_CWO

Hey guys,

Just wanted to add an update. So far I have been able to extend the the tongue 24”, added a tool box to the front of the load box on the tongue, removed the small bottom leaf and put in shock dampners(Gabriel’s).

The up and down bouncing has been reduced a good amount and the trailer pulls much better, as well backs much better. The new tonight weight is 110lbs with the box loaded. Still a bit light but still working on the loading part.

The trailer still wants to teeter or walk side to side a bit but I’m starting to think it’s the rad mounts on the leafs that are on the weak side and have more flex and movement thn they should. That along with the narrower wheels base(compared to by truck) and the weight of the side boxes.

I’ll lost some pics soon but just wanted to thank you guys for the help. The trailer is gettin there.

Congratulations on making some positive progress. This may be a stupid question, but how are the spring bushings?

Brianj5600

Nice development and documentation! One thing popped out at me and it is the front spring mount. I would at least gusset it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94