New Zealand Dec - Jan 09

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
I spent a little over three weeks in New Zealand a few months ago. I finally got the trip report done and on my website.

It’s broken into three parts and I have separate pages for the travel journals and albums. So, you can look at the albums with all the photos or you can read the ramblings from a conservationist / bird biologist traveling solo through Aotearoa in the journals pages. :costumed-smiley-007

****Link to the report.****

Couple of photos from the trip:

Cape Kidnappers
IMG_9866.JPG

Australasian Gannet
IMG_9900.JPG

Near Glenorchy
IMG_0321.JPG

Highlight of the trip, was walking the Milford Track
IMG_0916.JPG

Lastly, the vehicles there were awesome.
Canon%20G9%20(145).JPG

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
Awesome:jumping:

Nice photo journey on your website too.

Thanks for sharing this...it looks like it was an incredible trip. Green with envy I tell you!

kcowyo

ExPo Original
:bowdown:

To think, I had an invitation to join you.... The trip of a lifetime.

I loved the shots from the Milford Track and the coastlines. I always loved getting a phone call from you on the other side of the world. That was too cool.

An outstanding trip and review. Sorry the Fiji portion didn't work out but the rest was just awesome. I gotta think in your line of work that was the ultimate field trip.

Nice one d00d - :campfire:

flywgn

Explorer
Great report and photos, Chuck. Thanks for posting. Diana and I were supposed to be in NZ as I type this but, unfortunately, had to alter our plans. Just a postponement. Your notes will be good to add to our own prep plans.

Allen R

OTR

Adventurer
I spent a few weeks there back in 2001. I rented a car a drove the south and north island. It was an absolute blast. Of all the place I've been in the worlrd, I always long to return to that beautiful country. The scenery, food, wine, people...ughhh. Time to dust of my passport.

J-man

Adventurer
wow, great trip report. Those are some nat geo quality photos there. I just told my wife as soon as we feel our newborn is old enough to travel, we are doing a new zeland trip. Its just a place we really want to see. thx for the report.

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
Thanks for the comments everyone. I'm already trying to pick a year to go back, maybe 2011? :ylsmoke:

Jacket

2008 Expedition Trophy Champion
I finally made some time to read your report Chuck. Thanks for taking the time to put it together and share your thoughts. My wife and I have a dream to take a trip just like this to NZ. One day.....

Highlights for me:
Part I
- drinking games on NYE with strangers and kiwi's!

Part II
- camping on the South Pacific, and no pictures of people puking on the boat.

Part III
- Wow! Unlike anything I've ever seen. Amazing pictures and video.

Thanks again - very enjoyable.:beer:

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
I finally made some time to read your report Chuck. Thanks for taking the time to put it together and share your thoughts. My wife and I have a dream to take a trip just like this to NZ. One day.....

Highlights for me:
Part I
- drinking games on NYE with strangers and kiwi's!

Part II
- camping on the South Pacific, and no pictures of people puking on the boat.

Part III
- Wow! Unlike anything I've ever seen. Amazing pictures and video.

Thanks again - very enjoyable.:beer:

Thanks Matt, I really appreciate the comments. :costumed-smiley-007

JJackson

Explorer
Pictures are making me want to go back. 2nd to last looks like Fiordland NP and the last one looks like Queenstown, or at least the sign on the truck looked familiar.

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
Pictures are making me want to go back. 2nd to last looks like Fiordland NP and the last one looks like Queenstown, or at least the sign on the truck looked familiar.

Yup, Fiordland NP, actually on the Milford Track, and that truck was in Queenstown.

I have an album of just vehicles posted on my site too.

JJackson

Explorer
They would not allow me to take any vehicles home on the plane, that is why is sucked to go to AUS and NZ, besides that I can't see no reason not to go back again.

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Nice photos and funny stories.

Had a quick glance at your report. Laughed at the travelling gnome, were they sponsored by Travelocity? I've got a funy gnome storry that involves the local bomb squad but it's camp fire material.

I'm already trying to pick a year to go back, maybe 2011? :ylsmoke:

I'd suggest you fly about 2000 Km North West, I happend to know where you could hitch a ride in a diesel powered 80 Series...:sombrero:

santosh77

Nice photos.It seems that going for trip to new zealand is really having great fun.just i would like to know how much should i need budget to spend a month in new zealand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior