NEW XO Trailer Jack from Ark -

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
So I purchased the black version of the XO jack and finally installed it as I'm getting ready to leave soon for Expo West. I'll admit that it was purely for cosmetics, however I was pleasantly surprised to see that the spring that kept the wheel in place (when the jack is in the up position) had been redesigned to just a simple "nipple". With my previous XO jack, I immediately ruined the spring, and no replacement parts were available. (sigh)

Anyway, the black version looks great on my black trailer. I forgot how heavy this jack is... I could say it's over kill being that my trailer is only around 1100#s loaded, however, it's also perfect for it! I have actually dragged the trailer around in the dirt and it makes it easy to do so, and I have no worries about it breaking like the cheap one that I first had on the trailer. Several summers ago I had to unhook my trailer on a trail to turn it around as I couldn't go forward, so I pushed the trailer off into a ditch, turned my Jeep around, and manhandled the trailer to get it hooked back up. This level of a jack can take abuse!

R4gc30.jpg

I set it up just like the previous one. It just barely fits on my trailer's small tongue.

HBQeda.jpg

So this shows the new "nipple" design. This is a huge improvement as this solution actually works perfect. The wheel can be put in multiple positions (I have it straight up). Nice improvement Ark!

lpz0DX.jpg

The trailer is ready to go, and still has some mud on the tires from the previous (mud, mud, and more mud) Expo East. (y)

Dnm3gA.jpg

We will be located at stand P72 please drop in and say hello we have just designed a new off road cuopler that you may want to consier as well i will not be at this years show but my colleague Mark will be there tell him i said to look after you with so free stuff and a discount

Regards Brett from Ark

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
What’s the collapsed length like shown in storage mode? My trailer has a different style jockey wheel that when stored is completely removed and stored on top of the tongue in front of the front box, but Im looking for a beefier wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi see below photo for your information

Regards Brett from Ark

grogie

Like to Camp
I saw you guys at Expo West. Below, I was apart of FourWheeler magazine's first Overland Adventure that toured AZ before the Expo and in the picture below we were camping with cows one night.

Anyway, the new XO jack is awesome. It really is a nice upgrade over the first design with getting rid of the earlier spring design (plus being black). I also have to say, it's so easy moving my trailer around in the dirt, that I usually don't bother backing up to the trailer. I also don't bother putting a level under the trailer as it's stable enough with the XO.

Now, when I look at other trailers, the first thing I look at is their jack. :)

8ES5oG.jpg

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
I'm in the market for a new jack and look alluring. Can anyone speak to the difference between the XO tires and a pneumatic tire?

Also, has anyone managed to mount one of these to an AT Overland trailer? If so, how did it go?

grogie

Like to Camp
I'm in the market for a new jack and look alluring. Can anyone speak to the difference between the XO tires and a pneumatic tire?

Also, has anyone managed to mount one of these to an AT Overland trailer? If so, how did it go?

1. The two wheels on the XO are a hard rubber (I think rubber). I'm sure they'll last a long time and no air required. They move very easy.
  2. I think you just need to make sure that the length of the jack fits on where you want to mount it. My trailer has a short bar it attaches to that was just long enough to allow the wheels to go in the up position. (See my second picture in post #86.)

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
  1. The two wheels on the XO are a hard rubber (I think rubber). I'm sure they'll last a long time and no air required. They move very easy.
  2. I think you just need to make sure that the length of the jack fits on where you want to mount it. My trailer has a short bar it attaches to that was just long enough to allow the wheels to go in the up position. (See my second picture in post #86.)

Thanks. I looked at all the pics in this thread very carefully. If I choose the XO then I'm gonna have to do some fab to make it fit.

AT offers a pneumatic tire upgrade, but it's nearly the same price as the XO (without the fab). Not sure if I want to monkey around with air though. The hard tires on the XO seem like they would be less maintenance long-term.

Edit: Gotta say that my stock hard-wheel jack on the Chaser SUCKS! Doesn't work worth a crap on my paved driveway, or out in the wild. :(

grogie

Like to Camp
Edit: Gotta say that my stock hard-wheel jack on the Chaser SUCKS! Doesn't work worth a crap on my paved driveway, or out in the wild. :(

I hear you. I was at Expo West, and have to say, I saw a lot of nice trailers for sale with subpar jacks. This XO is stout!

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

I hear you. I was at Expo West, and have to say, I saw a lot of nice trailers for sale with subpar jacks. This XO is stout!

Yep. The only thing I don’t like on my expensive trailer. Wish mine was getting here before the weekend so I install it and put it through the tests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JCDriller

Adventurer
I just got one of the 350Rs for my turtleback. I currently don't have a jocky wheel, just a front jack.

I wish it was a heavier duty model incase I ever needed to use it during a recovery, but my main purpose is allowing me to move my trailer in a controlled manor in an out of my storage shed and garage. The new ratcheting mechanism looks like it'll be just the ticket.

I'll get some photos when I get it installed, hopefully this coming weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles