NEW XO Trailer Jack from Ark -

RacerAV

I did not install it on to the straight part of the tongue because there was barely enough room, instead, I put it on the angled part where the nose box sits.

Is there a right or wrong place to install these? It seems to work fine where I have it?
Probably going to need some pictures man

Wendell-R

I did not install it on to the straight part of the tongue because there was barely enough room, instead, I put it on the angled part where the nose box sits.

Is there a right or wrong place to install these? It seems to work fine where I have it?

I attached mine to a TetonX Hybrid on the angled part of the tongue - the standard tongue jack was mounted on the angled part on the other side, so this doesn't change the load - just shifts it to the other side.

See: ARK XO750 on TetonX Hybrid installation pics

Scrapdaddy

Adventurer
XO jack in action. We got trapped on the trail because of a tree drop blocking the route. I didn't have room to turn everything around, so unhitched and spun the trailer right around. This would have been a big workout with any other trailer jack, love this thing.

IMG_3854 (1).JPG

IMG_3855 (1).JPG

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
Hi all

see below, our Christmas / New Year operational hours.

Take care, stay safe and look forward to 2021

Regards

Brett from Ark

Attachments

• Christmas USA 2020.jpg
    Christmas USA 2020.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 19

Kevin O'Neill

Hi, I bought the ARK 350. I saw a reference to a locking ring, but mine doesn't have one, and whileI see notches, I see ni way to lock the jockey wheel in position. Is the normal for the 350?

Wendell-R

Hi, I bought the ARK 350. I saw a reference to a locking ring, but mine doesn't have one, and whileI see notches, I see ni way to lock the jockey wheel in position. Is the normal for the 350?

It locks in place by "lowering" it all the way - the pin (blue arrow) will fit into one of the holes (red arrows) - after the load is off, you can spin it around to select the hole corresponding to the angle you want it locked at:
DSCF1500.jpg

RacerAV

I believe that is only supposed to be used when it is stowed. Not while the wheel is on the ground. It is meant to keep the wheel at the angle you need it to be, while it is stowed and the trailer is being towed.

robepa

I have had the XO500 on my Smittybilt Scout for ~2 years and been really happy with it up to last week. Way easier to move than the stock jockey wheel. Moving the trailer out of the garage it bent, you can see the square tube is bulging on the flat. While I like their product and I have a replacement an XO750 on order with etrailer I do not feel that the warnings are clear or that this is consistent with their marketing.

1654097938752.png

I emailed customer service and they reply was:

"This has occurred because the trailer has been moved whilst the jack is above the maximum moving height marker. The height marker is engraved on the cylindrical tube and is also referred to in the user manual on page 3. Please see attached for reference. When moved above the marker the rigidity is compromised as there is not enough cylindrical tube within the sleeve. This is the case with all trailer jacks. Unfortunately this part is not replaceable as it is essentially the “Spine” of the trailer jack."

@Brett From Ark If it cannot be moved above the max moving height without damaging it the manual should say so clearly.
  • The manual does not mention a max moving height, while it is etched on the round tube I had never noticed it and it is quite faint depending on the light.
  • The wording of " to avoid unnecessary strain" is not clear or correct in my view. It should read something such as "When the trailer is unhitched and stationary parker or during maneuvering your trailer with the weight on the jockey wheel it must be at or bellow the max moving height to avoided damage"

I do not think this is consistent with their marketing, I did a screen grab of their YouTube video and scaled it to the DWG they sent on max moving height. I matched the 50 mm tube width and the interface of the round and square tubes. It is far from perfect, however it looks like it is well above the max moving height while being winched through the mud.

1654102647350.png

Hopefully this can save others from needed to spend ~$350 more.

Last edited:

grogie

Like to Camp
I have had the XO500 on my Smittybilt Scout for ~2 years and been really happy with it up to last week. Way easier to move than the stock jockey wheel. Moving the trailer out of the garage it bent, you can see the square tube is bulging on the flat. While I like their product and I have a replacement an XO750 on order with etrailer I do not feel that the warnings are clear or that this is consistent with their marketing.

View attachment 724773

I emailed customer service and they reply was:

"This has occurred because the trailer has been moved whilst the jack is above the maximum moving height marker. The height marker is engraved on the cylindrical tube and is also referred to in the user manual on page 3. Please see attached for reference. When moved above the marker the rigidity is compromised as there is not enough cylindrical tube within the sleeve. This is the case with all trailer jacks. Unfortunately this part is not replaceable as it is essentially the “Spine” of the trailer jack."

@Brett From Ark If it cannot be moved above the max moving height without damaging it the manual should say so clearly.
  • The manual does not mention a max moving height, while it is etched on the round tube I had never noticed it and it is quite faint depending on the light.
  • The wording of " to avoid unnecessary strain" is not clear or correct in my view. It should read something such as "When the trailer is unhitched and stationary parker or during maneuvering your trailer with the weight on the jockey wheel it must be at or bellow the max moving height to avoided damage"

I do not think this is consistent with their marketing, I did a screen grab of their YouTube video and scaled it to the DWG they sent on max moving height. I matched the 50 mm tube width and the interface of the round and square tubes. It is far from perfect, however it looks like it is well above the max moving height while being winched through the mud.

View attachment 724794

Hopefully this can save others from needed to spend ~$350 more.

Okay, so you found the limit of the jockey wheel. Congratulations and time to move on. :rolleyes:

robepa

I replaced the XO500 with the XO750, the XO750 has failed on me as well. There are two pins that keep the jack/wheel assembly from rotating on the center pivot. The welds that hold the back of one of the posts broke. Had the second one failed it would have dropped the trailer on the tongue.

The pins are held in place with two spot weld each, the pentation on the welds that broke are light. The other two do not look much better. Given the cost of this product and result if these welds fail I would like to see the pin extend further past to allow a fillet weld and pin welded all the way around.

There only use was pushing the trailer in and out of the garage and supporting the tongue at the campsite. It was never moved on anything but concrete and gravel driveway and only being pushed by myself. It was always well below the max moving height.

They will RMA it, however at my cost to ship it back. Given that would be ~$100 to get it packaged and shipped and I am assuming the replacement will have the similar welds. Given that it is faster, easier, and more robust for me to have a local welder I work with weld the pins in properly.

This company has a great reputation, my experience has not reflected this.

1669652969875.png1669652988245.png1669653012787.png

Last edited:

Kevin O'Neill

XO jack in action. We got trapped on the trail because of a tree drop blocking the route. I didn't have room to turn everything around, so unhitched and spun the trailer right around. This would have been a big workout with any other trailer jack, love this thing.

View attachment 577118

View attachment 577119
Same thing happened to me 9,800 ft up in Utah's Henry Mountain.

Attachments

• 13552.jpeg
    13552.jpeg
    41 KB · Views: 19
  • 13549.jpeg
    13549.jpeg
    133.4 KB · Views: 19

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94