New Wild Boar Snorkel at SEMA

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
This is the only pic I have seen.

SnorkelWildBoar.jpg

jscherb

Expedition Leader
I took that photo at SEMA. The snorkel is fiberglass, it's made in two pieces and bonded together/smoothed with body filler. Here's another view of it:

SnorkelWildBoar2.jpg

Any of you guys good with fiberglass?

I'm pretty handy with fiberglass :).

I just finished a cold air intake cowl panel for the TJ/LJ that also supports snorkels. Haven't built a fiberglass snorkelt for it yet though...

CowlCompare2.jpg

CowlFinal30.jpg

CowlFinal33.jpg

FellowTraveler

Explorer
I took that photo at SEMA. The snorkel is fiberglass, it's made in two pieces and bonded together/smoothed with body filler. Here's another view of it:

SnorkelWildBoar2.jpg

I just finished a cold air intake cowl panel for the TJ/LJ that also supports snorkels. Haven't built a fiberglass snorkelt for it yet though...

CowlCompare2.jpg

CowlFinal30.jpg

CowlFinal33.jpg

Then you need to get off of your _____ and make some up they will surely sell! Nice job!

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
It would have looked good if it wasn't so high about the roof line... It looks okay with the rack but they look terrible with a bare top in my opinion. It looks like it would do a good job of catching brush and tree branches?

Mbogo

Observer

CowlCompare2.jpg

CowlFinal30.jpg

CowlFinal33.jpg
[/QUOTE]

And the award for "Understatement of the Year" goes to...And speaking of understated, your design is tasteful and functional. I'm sure a full snorkel would be just as beautiful. The JK snorkel at SEMA seems a bit too high and not enough frontal area for the intake. And is it just me, or is the paint matching a bit off? It's the details that make the difference.

Last edited:

jscherb

Expedition Leader
And the award for "Understatement of the Year" goes to...And speaking of understated, your design is tasteful and functional. I'm sure a full snorkel would be just as beautiful. The JK snorkel at SEMA seems a bit too high and not enough frontal area for the intake. And is it just me, or is the paint matching a bit off? It's the details that make the difference.

I've designed a snorkel for it that would integrate with the lines of the cowl panel, here's a rough drawing of what it would look like. For this design snorkel, the cowl panel would be configured with a side port instead of a top port as shown in the previous post.

SidePortFinalSnorkel2.jpg

Here's what the side port might look like with louvers instead of a snorkel:

SidePortFinalLouvers1.jpg

I did cobble together a test snorkel out of some junkyard parts, this one works with the top port version of the cowl panel. Maybe it's not beautiful but it only cost a few bucks to build and works pretty well :).

SebringSnorkel6.jpg

I painted the cowl panel with Duplicolor rattle can Flame Red followed by Duplicolor clear coat, to show that decent results could be obtained painting this panel with rattle cans, so it matches as well as Duplicolor ever does :).

FellowTraveler

Explorer
A straight up stack would be nice on that red jeep cowl and made to install/remove easy for fording or dust. If the stack needs support then removable small diameter bar stock or even hollow tube stock would do fine.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
A straight up stack would be nice on that red jeep cowl and made to install/remove easy for fording or dust. If the stack needs support then removable small diameter bar stock or even hollow tube stock would do fine.

For dealing with extremely dusty trails, you could use a cyclone type precleaner. There are several available in the tractor market that are the correct size (3" i.d.) to attach directly to the Cool Cowl top port.

Precleaner.jpg

Donaldson3-1.jpg

billyzj

Observer

CowlCompare2.jpg

CowlFinal30.jpg

CowlFinal33.jpg

And the award for "Understatement of the Year" goes to...And speaking of understated, your design is tasteful and functional. I'm sure a full snorkel would be just as beautiful. The JK snorkel at SEMA seems a bit too high and not enough frontal area for the intake. And is it just me, or is the paint matching a bit off? It's the details that make the difference.[/QUOTE]

thats a real nice setup with the airhat,its hard to find one that looks decent without being to bulky...looks good

FellowTraveler

Explorer
For dealing with extremely dusty trails, you could use a cyclone type precleaner. There are several available in the tractor market that are the correct size (3" i.d.) to attach directly to the Cool Cowl top port.

Precleaner.jpg

Donaldson3-1.jpg

Without question the pre-cleaner option rocks as does the stack on his cowl design which fits in with the jeeps ruggedness and utility.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94