New Truck Bed Storage

RVA-Jeff

Local shop designed, cut, final fit of this project. I still need to remove, sand, spray. I wanted it as shallow as possible (almost too shallow!). Most use will be storage of little used items/tools, parts, etc. as we embark on full-timing in our travel trailer. Provides flat surface to sleep on for the occasions we want to go further into the woods than our glamper will allow. No-fastener design is slick. Truck is Silverado 3500HD 8 foot bed.

Attachments

• IMG_4577.jpeg
    IMG_4577.jpeg
    550 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_4576.jpeg
    IMG_4576.jpeg
    730 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_4571.jpeg
    IMG_4571.jpeg
    719.9 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_4565.jpeg
    IMG_4565.jpeg
    697.6 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_4563.jpeg
    IMG_4563.jpeg
    717.4 KB · Views: 67

jmnielsen

Tinkerer
Why compartments with lids instead of drawers? I would always have stuff on top of those, which would need moved to get to the contents.

RVA-Jeff

Why compartments with lids instead of drawers? I would always have stuff on top of those, which would need moved to get to the contents.

I intent for them to be used infrequently (and yes, there will be stuff on them more often than not). Hoping sliding things around for access will work. I didn't want to pay the $ for design/assembly of a near 8 foot long drawer(s) either. And the tailgate has a lip/rise that would lessen the depth and waste space. I imagine the way it is there will be more available space. Ask me in a year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior