NEW TRAILER

Srpat

Observer
Nice trailer. Just picked up a similar one off of craigslist. Paid too much, but it is exactly what I was going for. Mine has all of the interior storage compartments in it, which means two days removing a couple hundred rivets for me. So you have the original axle? And what are surge breaks? And why the max coupler vs the pintle hitch that I just spent $130 on to be able to tow it home?

pat bowen

Observer
You probably didn't pay too much. This is one overbuilt trailer. Same axle. Lost surge brakes when I went to max coupler. Had to put pin in or brake will come on when you back up. Got tired of the noise from Pintle hitch. My JK pulls and stops it just fine.

Post sone pics.

Srpat

Observer
Will get some pics of my trailer at some point. Maybe even with a build thread. In the meantime, could you post a pic of your trailer tongue jack? Or make and model? It looks like you kept the original landing gear jack as well as the newer wheeled jack. Any idea why there is only one rear stabalizer on the passenger side only?

I have two big aluminum 2x6's running the width of the trailer, under where you have your fridge mounted. It looks like you have them as well. Do you also have two aluminum 2x4's running front to back? Debating how much more demo I want to do.

pat bowen

Observer
I'll post some pics. Trailer jack is just a standard jack for boat trailer. Only need one stabilizer and if its hooked to jeep you don't need it. Never have used mine.

Ovrlnd Rd

Adventurer
Wow! Wish I had seen this back when these were a little more common on the auction sites. Planning on converting my M116A2 into a exp trailer and this would save me a tremendous amount of work.

pat bowen

Observer
Pat do you happen to have any interior pictures.

3625b4436611e876cb9c38ec27c514cf.jpg
7f21383b16662319c7f705896b3940b1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz