New Trailer Build Thread

Jerkeejoe

I think I’d take it back and insist that they remove all of the trim, weatherproof it, and then retrim it. If they refuse I’d just get my money back.

ITTOG

I have already told them I want my money back. But part of me wants to fix it myself so I know it is done properly. If I go that route then I will try to get a couple thousand back.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

ITTOG

Out of curiosity, what does a trailer like that cost?
If you are referring to my trailer it is about $4,500 with all the upgrades I got. Most of the upgrades were beefing up the floor cross members, wall studs, and ceiling rafters. I did this because I'm taking it off roading in some pretty rough terrain.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Jerkeejoe

Painted the hardware and bolted on one of the toolboxes today.

Didn’t have enough aluminum angle for the trim, so I’ll be buying some tomorrow so I can get the trim on.

Jerkeejoe

This arrived today.

F3175ABD-7335-4576-8F47-A539CC05F697.jpeg

Also got most of the aluminum trim cut and ready for paint. Painting and installing trim in the next couple days then need to get electrical and the fridge installed.

Jerkeejoe

After a fall vacation and a crazy few weeks I decided to get this thing finished up. My garage was a mess though and i had equipment all over the place so i figured ibetter finally put together a welding cart.

I'm now welding up the brackets for my awning. That will totally complete the exterior.

8397E9DC-6BEA-4D35-BEBF-B3958A056A92.jpegE8BE4697-B023-4354-957F-ACDF640158BE.jpegCF378BAD-D77B-462B-966B-7649C99DCEDF.jpegC2DEAEC9-0DC9-4A15-9D44-44529736AC02.jpeg

honda250xtitan

trailer turned out so sick. also, thats a ************** welding cart. I'm still rocking the stock garbage my lincoln came with

Tylere

How much did it cost you to line the trailer? I'm thinking about doing it when I build mine

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

kwak16530

Just came across your thread today and it looks very similar to the build I'm working on right now! The chassis setup is eerily familiar - I feel like I might've stolen some ideas from you somehow. The end result will be fairly different but I used the timbren offroad oriented suspension, 10" brakes with 5x4.5 pattern, 1" wheel adapters, and Tundra steelies. The 2200 lbs timbrens (etrailer link) for wide tires, plus the spacers, let me fit the OEM toyota 18" wheels, and also have about 3.5" of travel built in. The frame is 2x3 1/8 steel, but total length should end up around 10 foot. I added a rear and front receiver - front for sliding tongue, rear for bicycle carrier or whatever else I want to hang off it.

I ended up buying the max coupler vs the lock-n-roll, in part because I've read about some failures with the lock-n-roll, but mainly because it uses a standard ball mount on the vehicle side. I've got a bunch of them lying around so I avoid the cost of the adjustable height lock-n-roll parts.

I'm just at the point where the frame can roll around, so a long way to go, but I've definitely gotten some good ideas to add to my trailer after going through your build. Thanks for posting it!

Imgur Gallery

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online