New Tom Sheppard book - Quiet for a Tuesday

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
tom_sheppard_QFAT.jpg

Quiet for a Tuesday, Solo in the Algerian Sahara

This is super cool. :cool: As opposed to the highly technical books we've been enjoying from Tom Sheppard, here is a chance to go along with him on expedition, and just be along for the ride. He's an exceptional author and has a great sense of humor and the ability to cleverly convey thoughts and emotions that capture the adventure.

His latest book, Quiet for a Tuesday, solo in the Algerian Sahara, will be landing on NA soil shortly. The exclusive seller for the Americas, Overland Video, is posting a notice for pre-orders first here at Expedition Portal. The first 30 copies sold will be signed by Tom. Price is $50.00 USD plus shipping. International orders (except Canada) please request a shipping quote. (service at overlandvideo.com) Orders are expected to ship out the 4th week of November.

OVERLAND VIDEO - order page

I encourage you to view and read excerpts from the book here at the Desert Winds Publishing site.

To celebrate the book release and get ready for the holidays, we're also offering DVDs from the Overland Adventure Series to Expedition Portal members for a discounted price of $18 each. This price is not advertised on the website, so you will need to use the coupon code "expo08" during checkout. You must be a registered user. (We do not share the info or send spam, we only use it to track orders.) Offer expires on Jan 15, 2009.

Last edited:

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Sounds like a great read and nice holiday gift...
I will fire off an email, and let my wife know what she is buying for me :)

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
The problem with Tom's stuff is that I always have to order two...one to read, one to stay pristine in the library....

When are you guys getting the new Lois Pryce book?

-H-

flywgn

Explorer
It was 'quiet for a Friday' here last night, so I sat down after dinner with a nice glass of port (well, maybe it took two) and read Sheppard's new book. It was a great read and set us to talking about our next trip.

Filled with marvelous photography (some of which looked a wee bit familiar :) ) and anecdotes it's a must read for both the armchair expeditioner as well as the active overlander.

I may have to follow -H-'s directive and order a second copy.

Allen R

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
flywgn said:
It was 'quiet for a Friday' here last night, so I sat down after dinner with a nice glass of port (well, maybe it took two) and read Sheppard's new book. It was a great read and set us to talking about our next trip.

Filled with marvelous photography (some of which looked a wee bit familiar :) ) and anecdotes it's a must read for both the armchair expeditioner as well as the active overlander.

I may have to follow -H-'s directive and order a second copy.

Allen R

Nice review Allen. The "next trip" is always one of the best things to talk about, isn't it? :safari-rig:

:beer: May we never run out of "next trip"s.

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
Do you guys still have a few autographed copies available? I think I would like two. Is shipping and handling double for two books to the same address, or charged only once?

I was going to order only one for a Christmas gift for my father. My wife wisely said I should get a copy for myself, as it will save me $200.00 later. LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94