New (to us) WD21 1992 Pathfinder build/off road series, came from E350 Camper Conversion

RC000E

Well, I've owned 4Runners and Nissan Hardbody's...love 90's Japanese and always have. Recently the E350 build we got some way through, just wasn't meeting the needs we felt we had, in terms of off the pavement. The open diff was a killer, but we enjoyed it the van overall. The van, despite the internal space, had roof height limitations that were hard to overcome. We felt like a roof tent and some other add-ons, with the addition of the 4wd capability will really be right for us.

So, the details:

1992 Pathfinder SE V6
5spd
LSD and rear disc
Rear tire carrier option
Roof rack option
31's

Plans:
Lots of light
Roof rack for now (roof tent later)
Restore the exterior trim and flares
Modify the rear tire carrier for water/fuel/jack
Some camera mounts/exterior view stuff for better video and reduce need for spotter in certain scenarios

Intent:

Not looking for heavy off road, moderate and light trail use, but access far reaching areas confidently with low risk
Explore immediate areas of Nevada and Utah, with more travel and far areas later
Make a lot of video because I have done so for about 10yrs. I always like new content. Had a videography company for years, so I'm not a "youtuber" followin hype...used to do short films, event videos, etc...felt like natural progression. TOTALLY appreciate new subs though!

Here is video 1, going to push some shots throughout the series, etc. Got some nice areas and views here.

If you're interested in our van vids, we have an 8 video set with some build, some creative, some travel, etc.

This is video 2 of the 8, video 1 is mostly intro and talking, but it's there on the channel

I'll be updating as I build and go along. Some pics of the starter vehicle.

bushnut

Adventurer
Thems good bones. Had a pathfinder(R50) loved it! It sadly died of rust. Currently on a 6 month eastern Canada trip in our WD22. Having a blast.
A few mods I would suggest are a mild suspension lift, not for off-roading but for the benefit of less saggy suspension when loaded. I had good results with OME. Replace the front underbody bash plate with quality alloy. Be diligent with maintenance. Replace the timing belt soon if it hasn’t already been done.
Join www.NissanPathfinders.net they have all the knowledge and are helpful to boot!

RC000E

Thems good bones. Had a pathfinder(R50) loved it! It sadly died of rust. Currently on a 6 month eastern Canada trip in our WD22. Having a blast.
A few mods I would suggest are a mild suspension lift, not for off-roading but for the benefit of less saggy suspension when loaded. I had good results with OME. Replace the front underbody bash plate with quality alloy. Be diligent with maintenance. Replace the timing belt soon if it hasn’t already been done.
Join www.NissanPathfinders.net they have all the knowledge and are helpful to boot!

Thanks for the suggestions, will do! Definitely would like to gain just a tad ground clearance and take away the saggy'ish stance they have stock. Overall, we did clear some things I was surprised to clear, as it sits but...definitely want to keep it streetable for long drives, and don't want to kill mpg. Timing belt is ON the schedule for sure. 166k and never changed. Unfortunately, my gf's torque tube/trans/diff has to come out of her Corvette asap, and I've got a leaking rear diff seal and a bad oil pressure sending unit in my Z06 that are on the schedule first.

We do Corvette videos as well, if any of you guys have "on pavement" interest!

Love those old pathfinders, something old school cool about them. Can’t wait to see the build!

For me, the 1st gen pathfinder has something that has ALWAYS been awesome on cars of the 80's and 90's...box flares (well, the Pathy is slightly more subtle...but they're there)! See below to the few icons that just make the flares good forever. It's the 1g Pathfinders/Hardbody flares that make it the stuff in my opinion....who doesn't love flares!?

1989-mercedes-benz-560-sec-6-0-amg

E30M3CompleteIsh1.jpg

FB_Starion01.jpg

9bf9e93afa862fb79eb58dcb76c622f8.jpg

Pathfinder

Hardbody trucks are sweet

INDEED!

You don't find then that clean in my part of the world

I used to live in Pittsburgh...you should've seen the rotted/destroyed Nissans we had then...********...I know how ya feel. This thing is MINT in comparison!

RC000E

Aw for sure...I have a ROTTED to hell and back Nissan, so did my brother. We welded the frame back together multiple times...this thing is mint by comparison

RC000E

Just ended up doing a vid for a friend...1st gen 4runner (I am a former owner of one, so I love them)....I do a brief review of the truck, but we get some great footage and it turned out to be a great story. Check it out

Check out the vid, throw me a sub and a comment if ya can!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier