New to the ranks of Roof Top Tent ownership

KI6LYZ

Trophy Truck Hunter
I picked up a new one last Wednesday and finally got around to mounting it today with the help of my neighbor taking the old rack off and installing the new RTT. I only have pics of it closed as I finished at 6:00pm and had to be at work at 7:00 tonight. I can't wait for my son and I to try it out this weekend at the Desert Rendezvous!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

KI6LYZ

Trophy Truck Hunter
Curious to know how it impacts your MPG, both city and highway.

I try not to keep track of that information :Wow1: , it's already depressing as it is. :drool:
I will try to keep track of it this weekend though for the giggle factor.

pray4surf

Explorer
Looks Good Dave!

It's a neat experience sleeping in an RTT, I enjoy mine :D

Maybe our paths will cross during the DRV this weekend. I'll keep an eye out for your 80

Rick

Jr_Explorer

Explorer
So let's see a pic or two of it deployed. You know you'd best set it up before getting out there and find something missing/wrong.

KI6LYZ

Trophy Truck Hunter
I've tried the ladder a couple of times in the driveway now and it does not seem to be a problem with my knee.
I still have the pop-up trailer for family excursions. My seven year old doesn't take up much room in the RTT. This will just make it much easier for me when covering the races all over the southwest a couple times a month. Just got tired of crawling on the ground in my tent. Once I get my *** below my knees I'm about as good a beached whale and resemble one as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles