New to the Jeep thing

Bennyhana

Adventurer
I just bought myself an 07 Rubicon unlimited. This is my first jeep and I'm happy to say this thing is sweet! Looking forward to really getting it out and seeing what it can do. I'm moving on from my ole trusty Trooper, just to hard to get certain things for it.
JeepPics.jpg

ExpoMike

Sweet. Wecome to the Jeep side. :D

My wife and I really liked the one we rented in Hawaii. Rubicon's rock!

RunninRubicon

Adventurer
Rubi

A simple 3" lift, skids (Skid-row) under the oil pan/tranny and charcoal cannister is about all you need. But the belly does hang a little low in stock form. Secret is don't change tires. Keep the narrower profile tire (stock) unless you play in deep loose sand. This way you keep the remarkably good gas mileage. Add an Air-aid intake/filter and a Gibson (or whatever) cat-back. I routinely get 22+mpg @ 65mph. I figure it makes about 230hp and 285 ft/lbs of torgue. Just remember to keep you weight down. I love my 6-speed. :smiley_drive:

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Congraduations !!

One of the things I really like about mine, is taking the "T-tops" off and enjoying the Flora and Fauna-out in the boondocks, when the hardtop is still on !!

I'm not to crazy about the headlights coming on when the remote fob is clicked, although it might be beneficial for women at night, anyway I just click on, right at the front door, reach in and flick the light stalk to shut them off!!

The lockers are instantaneous, but you probably should preplan the xfer case (4hi/4lo) shifting

It's the most outta the box equiped 4wd that I've had (new) and the aftermarket addons are ENDLESS

Enjoy, ----welcome
:costumed-smiley-007:safari-rig::safari-rig: JIMBO

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
I just bought myself an 07 Rubicon unlimited. This is my first jeep and I'm happy to say this thing is sweet! Looking forward to really getting it out and seeing what it can do. I'm moving on from my ole trusty Trooper, just to hard to get certain things for it.

It will probably do more than the body damage you are willing to accept! :elkgrin:

Nice jeep!

Bennyhana

Adventurer
Thanks guys, When I bought the trooper, It was ment for a wheeler. I eventually got tired of banging it up and fixing it. I found it was a lot funner to use finess instead of just bashing my way through and spend half the day in the mud...The only thing I'm going to miss about the trooper is the "jackaroo" badges and the Bill Burke autograph on the dash....
BB-training-2009-90-L.jpg

I'm keeping the glove box cover....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior