New to me skamper

camrog91

Recently got a skamper 080s from a buddy of mine when he upgraded. Will be in my 96 k3500 mainly when I go rock crawling in my Toyota. Not bad roof seems to need to be resealed as there is a few water spots on the ceiling. Everything seems to work. Looking to put a battery in it but doesn’t seem like it had one before. Can anyone point me in a direction of a good write up on adding a battery inside camper? Would like it to charge off truck. Haven’t plugged in the 7 pin plug coming from camper yet to test anything. Will probably post on here as I upgrade. Cheers!!
8bef7ca331971bddf88aa11d69156e20.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kerry

Expedition Leader
I put EternaBond tape over my roof seams--8" wide as I recall. I also put a 2" strip over the seam between the sides of the roof and the aluminum bottom trim since water runs down inside between the roof aluminum and the trim and then gets wicked up into the wood on the sides of the roof.

camrog91

d55fee4767ddcbbf615bf3152c9b7f78.jpg
. Was planning on using this. A good friend works for a commercial roofing company and has used this a bunch of times before. I got a full 5 gallons and don’t expect to use much at all. Weather isn’t in my favor to get it done right now. So it sits with a tarp until nicer weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online