New to me 2003 Chevy Tracker (rebadged Suzuki Vitara) Need input

Nesquik

Observer
I thought of powder coating them, but I had a bunch of armor on a Xterra that I spent money on powder coating and after a few off road adventures, the powder coating was scraped off in a lot of places. And I ended up having to touch them up with rattle can paint.
They do look great when fresh.

And yes....they are heavy. And these little 2.0L engines are not powerhouses to begain with. Coupled with your bigger tires I am interested in hearing now it does on the Hwy and pulling hills.

Post up some pictures when you get a chance.

I'm sure the 2.0 will be fine; it's got a lot more power than the older model trackers and side kicks

It'll still be a slow poke but better than the old 1.3s and 1.6s

rpintx1

Observer
Hey guys, I'm still embarrassed to post a picture of the lift with the little tires, but new tires are special ordered and should be in next week. then if I can figure out how to post pictures here ill show you guys. My tire guy test fitted 235/75/15s that are the same size I ordered need a 1/4 spacer so they don't rub. The killer is they have to put in longer studs and he hasn't called me yet telling he found a stud kit.......

rpintx1

Observer
This week I'm going to mount some little LED lights that go through the class 3 hitch and are hooked to the reverse lights.

shmabs

Explorer
Nice looking Tracker! I had a 97 with 235's, a rear locker and skids that was one of my favorite vehicles.

Where in Northern CA are you?

shmabs

Explorer
Redding

Very cool, I thought the scenery looked slightly familiar. If you ever want to meet up and do some exploring, I'm in Weaverville.

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior