New (to me) 2002 7.3L F350...ideas on where to start....

10 ply sidewall not enough? Will look at others but with a 3800lb weight rating I’m not super worried. Will be getting different wheels as well. The ones in the photo are indeed too narrow!
Having a hard time finding hub centric wheels with high enough load rating. Any suggestions? Seems most aftermarkets are only rated at about 3500#.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Did some digging and the Nitto/Toyo/Cooper tires of similar size are all rated about the same as the BFG. True, SOME of the BFG sizes are only D rated and not heavy sidewall, but they do make 10 ply rated ones. There was one tire...maybe the Nitto, that was rated a little heavier, but only by 200-300# per tire. I've got NOTHING against those brands and I'm open to arguments why they are better, but I've been running BFG ATs on all my rigs for decades and they hold up great in the desert and I typically get 40k out of them. They ride nice, are pretty quiet, and priced inline with others. I've been very happy with them. (note: I do NOT run the Mud Terrain, just the KO2s).

Started another thread on my wheel search. I'm really having a heard time finding a wheel I like, but I'll let that conversation run in the other thread.

As far as the truck and mechanicals go, I have gotten lots of great info from www.powerstroke.org. Great forum and bunch of guys.

tkrrox

Get the mirror upgrades. I went with the 08 from a1 auto. So much nicer and better view. Put a 6.0 trans cooler and you will never have to worry about heat.

tkrrox

Forgot. I put on a titan replacement tank and it’s awesome. So nice not to have to stop every 300miles.

nitro_rat

Lunchbox Lockers
The bfgs are known to have issues on big trucks. You asked for advice... The bfgs on the Dodge Power Wagons were recalled as a known contributor to death wobble. Plus, they are basically a 40 year old tread design - the “new” design is really just some siping and sidewall differences. BFG AT is still around because they advertise and sponsor heavily in the off-road community plus some guys just don’t want to change. What was good enough for grandpa is good enough for me! There is better stuff out there these days.

Interesting. I've had great success with the BFGs but on smaller rigs. Been poking around and Nitto does have a 295/70R18 Ridge Grappler that is basically a 35x12ish. Great load rating at 4000# @ 80psi. Anyone have any experience with this tire, especially aired down? The 80psi would be great with the camper on the highway.

Thanks as always!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94