New to forum

chips95

Observer
DSC00470.jpg

DSC00471.jpg

DSC00509.jpgWell,Ive been browsing around the forum for who knows how long now, and finally decided to join.Just picked up my conqueror compact up last Saturday and have already been elbow deep into it. Great trailer with only some small problems so far 1. Had to drill a bigger hole in the top of the water tank (wouldnt except the water pump through the pipe had to use a hole saw bolted to a piece of 3 ft all thread, but now working great. 2. Battery is dead charged it at 2 amp for 2 days and will take a charge but when you test it under a load says the battery is dead. But other than the listed issues it is a great trailer already spent 3 days up at Oak Mountain near Birmingham, AL.

spressomon

Expedition Leader
chips95 said:
View attachment 23100

View attachment 23101

View attachment 23102Well,Ive been browsing around the forum for who knows how long now, and finally decided to join.Just picked up my conqueror compact up last Saturday and have already been elbow deep into it. Great trailer with only some small problems so far 1. Had to drill a bigger hole in the top of the water tank (wouldnt except the water pump through the pipe had to use a hole saw bolted to a piece of 3 ft all thread, but now working great. 2. Battery is dead charged it at 2 amp for 2 days and will take a charge but when you test it under a load says the battery is dead. But other than the listed issues it is a great trailer already spent 3 days up at Oak Mountain near Birmingham, AL.

What type of battery? If it is a glass mat type battery you will need to hit it with more than 2 amps to charge properly.

Nice trailer!

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Welcome aboard!

Did you get the trailer new from Jurassic Cars (Dean)? If so, he should give you a good battery. My Panasonic is working pretty well so far.
I haven't enlarged the hole for the water pump; I didn't like the idea of submerging that thing anyhow and have been using the petcocks in back so far...

If you get over toward Georgia, give a holler. We camp all the time.
In fact, there will be a Conqueror convoy of sorts for Thanksgiving; come along if you'd like!
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19541

100_1244.jpg

100_1124.jpg

chips95

Observer
http://www.rvsupplywarehouse.com/product/detail.cfm/pid/3937Thanks for all the replies
1. I believe the battery is a lead acid it did get a full charge and was manufactured in 99 sometime not sure when battery is at work right now. Looking at a group 31 deca gel right now but still not sure, hope to eventually run a solar panel for those long trips. Was going to go with an odyssey but you need a minimum six amps to charge which kinda ruled out the solar plans.

2. Thanks for the info on all my bolts and hardware I'll have to check those tommorrow the wheel bearings seemed to be fine I periodically checked them on the trip home and they never even got warm, great to tow except that 14 mpg with the jk.

Just got my propane tanks Friday I went with the clear fiberglass ( I hate running out and it always seems to happen right in the middle of a meal) but unfortunalty I'll have to do some mods to the bracket as they are .7 in to big.
http://www.rvsupplywarehouse.com/product/detail.cfm/pid/3937

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
chips95 said:
2. Thanks for the info on all my bolts and hardware I'll have to check those tommorrow the wheel bearings seemed to be fine I periodically checked them on the trip home and they never even got warm, great to tow except that 14 mpg with the jk.
I'm regearing my JK to 4.59 to tow better.
And it would be wise to repack those bearings preemptively. My grease turned to peanut butter after about 1200 miles and I had to replace one set. Dendy reported that his grease was also dry peanut butter but he didn't fry the bearing at least...

EricG

Explorer
Where abouts do you do your camping, do you only do camp grounds or any place else? I'm in Atlanta always looking for some where to go, especially this winter.

Hilldweller said:
Welcome aboard!

Did you get the trailer new from Jurassic Cars (Dean)? If so, he should give you a good battery. My Panasonic is working pretty well so far.
I haven't enlarged the hole for the water pump; I didn't like the idea of submerging that thing anyhow and have been using the petcocks in back so far...

If you get over toward Georgia, give a holler. We camp all the time.
In fact, there will be a Conqueror convoy of sorts for Thanksgiving; come along if you'd like!
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19541

100_1244.jpg

100_1124.jpg

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
EricG said:
Where abouts do you do your camping, do you only do camp grounds or any place else? I'm in Atlanta always looking for some where to go, especially this winter.
Most often we've been going into the Chattahoochee, between Doublehead Gap/Nimblewell Church/GA-60; we went up to Smokey Mnt Natl Pk one time and used their campground ---- that was the only time I've ever been in a campground... ...weird experience. Not an RV place, just tents and a few pop-ups... ...not bad, just weird to me.

I'm breaking in my gears this weekend and next week we're off to Smokey Mnt again for Thanksgiving. After that we'll be heading into the NF at every opportunity. I'll pm contact info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior