New to Forum, Smittybilt XL Annex storage

Captmarkhd

Hey Guys, long time reader first time posting.
So I just got a new Smittybilt XL RTT (my first RTT) and the Annex. I will be using it for the first time this weekend.
Here’s my question; I made the huge mistake of taking the annex out of the bag and it’s HUGE and it’s a HUGE PIA to store. The floor is so thick that it does not compress very well. Where do you guys store your Annex? In a perfect world I would love to keep it attached to the tent and fold it up all together, is this possible??? Thanks in advance, this Forum is amazing!!!

tedennis

I am looking at the same setup. I do not have it yet but after watching many videos, I want to try folding it up partly in a manner the the part contacting the ground is enclosed (to keep dirt contained) and then laying it inside the tent prior to closing it up. I have no idea if it would work but it seems that people have been able to add a 2 inch mattress and still fit sleeping bags and pillows. I would rather roll up my bags than the annex. May be worth a try. Then there is a problem of you have to put it away wet...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

09Busaman

Let us know how you like it. We really looked hard at the Yakima Skyrise since it was available here locally, but you just cant beat the Amazon deal on the Smittybilt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior